Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scumhamton fans gutted to miss out on Noone

Jan 3, 2011
First and last warning for Saints fans...

We're largely a tolerant bunch here and, unlike many forums, we don't immediately ban away fans as soon as they show their colours. We also allow lots of banter which is, after all, a big part of the game we all love.

However, if you resort to juvenile abuse, or start trotting the out the same old tired homophobic shit, you will be banned immediately.

Enjoy your time on NSC. As is the case on the pitch, this board is almost certainly a lot better than the Saints equivalent.

Ok bozza I think it's clear that was aimed at me. I apologise for the fag remark and will leave it out.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Look mate we were shit for 90% of this season and we've still managed to catch up. We're still not firing on all cylinders so it's only a matter of time till we're top!
Small club like you won't go the distance anyway especially when poyet leaves. Lucky to make playoffs!

It is a tad surprising that such a big club as Southampton are six points behind such a small side as us. Makes you wonder how many they'll be behind once we get to Falmer who's facilities match and in fact better St Mary's.

Jan 3, 2011
It is a tad surprising that such a big club as Southampton are six points behind such a small side as us. Makes you wonder how many they'll be behind once we get to Falmer who's facilities match and in fact better St Mary's.

I really doubt that! We've just released plans for £7 mil development of training ground! We'll probably get bigger crowds at our reserve games!

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
It is a cracking looking stadium, no doubt. Will the facilities really match/better St Mary's? In looks, no doubt - but St Mary's holds 32,689 and Falmer will hold 22,500. SFC are already getting crowds (in the third tier) that exceed the total capacity of BHA's new stadium. So, in terms of external aesthetics, there will be few grounds that can touch Falmer - but in terms of sheer capacity it is significantly smaller than the Goldstone. When comparing facilities, you have to consider the whole package. The new SFC training facilities are probably only bettered by Arsenal and Man Utd.

Falmer is going to be a great venue and one that BHA fans can be proud of - it is just a shame it hasn't been built to hold 10,000 more. If it is jammed to the rafters every fortnight, is there contingency to increase the capacity? If not, it could be a the one thing thing that prevents BHA getting the revenues required to hit the top flight.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I used to quite like The Saints when they were at The Dell (back in the day). What a shame then that seemingly much of their support have turned into a bunch of Charlie Big Spuds Wankers since their move to The Flat-Pack. I'd have thought their sufferage in recent years would've given them some healthy humility, but it just goes to show how wrong you can be. Suffice to say that I won't be shedding any tears if they fail to go up again this year. Or next year. Or...

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
It is a cracking looking stadium, no doubt. Will the facilities really match/better St Mary's? In looks, no doubt - but St Mary's holds 32,689 and Falmer will hold 22,500. SFC are already getting crowds (in the third tier) that exceed the total capacity of BHA's new stadium. So, in terms of external aesthetics, there will be few grounds that can touch Falmer - but in terms of sheer capacity it is significantly smaller than the Goldstone. When comparing facilities, you have to consider the whole package. The new SFC training facilities are probably only bettered by Arsenal and Man Utd.

Falmer is going to be a great venue and one that BHA fans can be proud of - it is just a shame it hasn't been built to hold 10,000 more. If it is jammed to the rafters every fortnight, is there contingency to increase the capacity? If not, it could be a the one thing thing that prevents BHA getting the revenues required to hit the top flight.

It's been built so that it's capacity can be easily increased (provided planning permission is obtained) by putting seats in the corners and adding a tier to the East stand.

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
I used to quite like The Saints when they were at The Dell (back in the day). What a shame then that seemingly much of their support have turned into a bunch of Charlie Big Spuds Wankers since their move to The Flat-Pack.
I think you will find that in reality it is really only a tiny percentage of the support, mostly under the age of 18. HTH

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
It's been built so that it's capacity can be easily increased (provided planning permission is obtained) by putting seats in the corners and adding a tier to the East stand.
All that needs to happen is that every seat is sold week in, week out to force the issue then. Do you think it will happen?

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
All that needs to happen is that every seat is sold week in, week out to force the issue then. Do you think it will happen?

In terms of selling out, the signs are promising. The club are expecting to sell all 15,500 season tickets and the demand for the corporate seats indictates that this may be possible.

As for expanding the capacity, who knows when that may happen?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

Certainly could in the championship,dont get sucked in to the fact we only get 7,000 odd at Withdean.Alot of Albion fans wont go near the place.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003

The corners have been left empty, and there is room for another tier on the East Stand - all the infastructure is there, and already in place.

Capacity had to be 22.5k to get it through a difficult planning process. Unlike your industrial dockside location, ours is located on the edge of a National Park.

Therefore our capacity will be in early 30k's, and also means Southampton will no longer be self appointed top dogs on south coast.

:smokin:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I think you will find that in reality it is really only a tiny percentage of the support, mostly under the age of 18. HTH

Well that's not the impression I've got when we've played you recently, but I guess we all have our own truth(s). That said, there seems to be an ever-increasing army of Knobheads at all clubs who fail to engage their brain before opening their gobs (be it actually or metaphorically). Such is life.

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
The corners have been left empty, and there is room for another tier on the East Stand - all the infastructure is there, and already in place.

Capacity had to be 22.5k to get it through a difficult planning process. Unlike your industrial dockside location, ours is located on the edge of a National Park.

Therefore our capacity will be in early 30k's, and also means Southampton will no longer be self appointed top dogs on south coast.

:smokin:

So you'll be top dogs because you can expand your stadium to over 30k? Our stadium can be expanded to 45k just as easily, and Cortese has said this is something they're looking at doing.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
So you'll be top dogs because you can expand your stadium to over 30k? Our stadium can be expanded to 45k just as easily, and Cortese has said this is something they're looking at doing.

Yup.

Lets all play think of a number, and then double it. What a great game... :yawn:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

It can soon have it's capacity enlarged by filling in the corners. What I was referring to is the design not to mention the vastly superior communications facilities. It has a decent road and rail link right outside it very much unlike St Mary's. It goes without saying the surroundings are a lot better as well. To be honest I have nothing against the majority of Saints fans who I hold in much higher regard than their local neighbours however it's worth mentioning the fact that a handful who are condescending need to be put in their place. Take a lot more than some keyboard warrior with acne to annoy me though.

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
It can soon have it's capacity enlarged by filling in the corners. What I was referring to is the design not to mention the vastly superior communications facilities. It has a decent road and rail link right outside it very much unlike St Mary's. It goes without saying the surroundings are a lot better as well. To be honest I have nothing against the majority of Saints fans who I hold in much higher regard than their local neighbours however it's worth mentioning the fact that a handful who are condescending need to be put in their place. Take a lot more than some keyboard warrior with acne to annoy me though.

Your new stadium looks much nicer, agreed - but the location of St Marys is still brilliant, with perhaps the exception of traffic getting out. 10 minutes walk from the train station and it's a stones throw away from where the club was founded.
As for the surrounding area I agree it looks horrific, but Cortese has already spoken about plans to buy up the land around and develop it.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003

How's whats left of the Liebherr family doing BTW - continuing best of health I hope ?

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
How's whats left of the Liebherr family doing BTW - the very best continuing best of health I hope ?

Liebherrs daughters are the ones who come over to watch matches and they are very well. It's been repeatedly stated that they are every bit as committed to the club as Markus (RIP) was

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here