Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scumhamton fans gutted to miss out on Noone

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Maybe, maybe not. But that's irrelevant anyway - any players weighing up the two managers isn't going to think "Hmm, Poyet is probably going to go further in his career". They'll look at what they've achieved already and that's it.

Is that why Noone chose to sign for Poyet rather than wait for an offer from Adkins?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Southampton to me are like Reading were a few years ago - just another promotion rival that we will hopefully beat. Beyond that I'm not too bothered about them. I've said for ages it's all about how we perform but Saints and Wednesday will be the challengers that we need to worry about. However out of all of the managers Gus is the man I trust tactically above all the others and certainly Adkins.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
They really are a bunch of arrogant ***** aren't they. Once we are at Falmer we are every bit as good as them with more potential and a better ground. Oh and Southampton is largely a shithole.

Southampton to me are like Reading were a few years ago - just another promotion rival that we will hopefully beat. Beyond that I'm not too bothered about them. I've said for ages it's all about how we perform but Saints and Wednesday will be the challengers that we need to worry about. However out of all of the managers Gus is the man I trust tactically above all the others and certainly Adkins.

Don't back down just because a couple on here decide to arselick Southampton. You had it right 1st time, truely the most arrogant bunch I've ever come across.

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
Don't back down just because a couple on here decide to arselick Southampton. You had it right 1st time, truely the most arrogant bunch I've ever come across.

And yet saying "we are every bit as good as" a team who spent 27 years in the top flight recently just because you got to the top of division 3 and have a new stadium with 10k less capacity isn't arrogant? You have the potential to be the dominant force on the South Coast, no denying that. But so do we.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
And yet saying "we are every bit as good as" a team who spent 27 years in the top flight recently just because you got to the top of division 3 and have a new stadium with 10k less capacity isn't arrogant? You have the potential to be the dominant force on the South Coast, no denying that. But so do we.

You sound reasonable enough, but to a man, every southampton fan I have met have had a seriously overinflated ego about their club and how they would never put up with watching shit football in the 3rd division like I have to. ( and that was when you were in the relegation zone of the championship.) A lot like the southampton chumps that come on here on a regular basis.
And maybe, whatever size stadium and however long in the top flight, we are just as good of you at the moment. Eh?

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
You sound reasonable enough, but to a man, every southampton fan I have met have had a seriously overinflated ego about their club and how they would never put up with watching shit football in the 3rd division like I have to. ( and that was when you were in the relegation zone of the championship.) A lot like the southampton chumps that come on here on a regular basis.
And maybe, whatever size stadium and however long in the top flight, we are just as good of you at the moment. Eh?

If we're referring to the team, yes. But the quote from one of your fans was referring to the club as a whole. Calderon is a perfect example - the fact he wanted to come to us and then went crawling back to Poyet after we told him to get lost (he wanted to be the top earner) says a lot if you ask me.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I've had enough, you win! You appear to be explaining how saints fans aren't arrogant by being arrogant yourself.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
If we're referring to the team, yes. But the quote from one of your fans was referring to the club as a whole. Calderon is a perfect example - the fact he wanted to come to us and then went crawling back to Poyet after we told him to get lost (he wanted to be the top earner) says a lot if you ask me.

Completely made up fact you arse. No doubt your reply will include a fanciful claim that you are either 'in the know' or have a trusted source that can back up this load of rubbish. The real fact is he simply didn't like the set up or feel about Southampton and he wanted to stay at Brighton because quote, "it felt right". How do I know this? Because I met Calderon in Brighton on a night out and asked him and those were his words.

Southampton fan in factual FAIL. Nice one well done.

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
Completely made up fact you arse. No doubt your reply will include a fanciful claim that you are either 'in the know' or have a trusted source that can back up this load of rubbish. The real fact is he simply didn't like the set up or feel about Southampton and he wanted to stay at Brighton because quote, "it felt right". How do I know this? Because I met Calderon in Brighton on a night out and asked him and those were his words.

Southampton fan in factual FAIL. Nice one well done.

I am not in the know at all, it was stated by Cortese at a fans forum and Pardew in an interview that his wage demands were too high. Of course he's going to say that to you rather than saying "they wouldn't pay me what I wanted, so I came back".

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I am not in the know at all, it was stated by Cortese at a fans forum and Pardew in an interview that his wage demands were too high. Of course he's going to say that to you rather than saying "they wouldn't pay me what I wanted, so I came back".

Likewise, Cortese and Pardew probably wouldn't say that Calde didn't like the feel about the place.

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
Likewise, Cortese and Pardew probably wouldn't say that Calde didn't like the feel about the place.

I'm not so sure. Cortese has been accused of lieing and doing things "the wrong way" by a number of people - Mitchell at Bournemouth and the bloke at Scunny just to name two - and on all occasions he has been proven to be in the right, with no reply from the accusers. People have a false image of him just because the media got the wrong end of the stick over the photographers fee saga.
Calderon by comparison was ready to jump ship and leave you in the summer, and even Gus' said he was "disappointed" in him.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There is no way that's right. There was more there today than V Huddersfield and we got over 24k that day.

Didn't you spot all the A3 size brown envelopes being shuffled around in the Director's Box (allegedly) ???

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
Curious lack of conviction. What about "we are better than you, and always will be"? Perhaps you don't truly believe that to be a long term possibility?

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
You really mustn't tar them all with the same brush old chap. Threads entitled "When is the earliest we can win the league?" clearly show that it is a trait shown by supporters of all teams. Think how puffed up some Seagull fans are going to be in the new stadium, which by modern standards isn't even going to be that big!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You really mustn't tar them all with the same brush old chap. Threads entitled "When is the earliest we can win the league?" clearly show that it is a trait shown by supporters of all teams. Think how puffed up some Seagull fans are going to be in the new stadium, which by modern standards isn't even going to be that big!

You should have kept abreast of your own messageboards over the last few years.

When Southampton were relegated from the Premier League it was a daily source of amusement. Literally everyone on there thought you were going to walk the league, except for a few who were trying to organise some "direct action" against the old owners by boycotting the new home shirt.

I was glued to it for months.

Eventually the penny dropped and they realised that they were just one of those teams who were promoted into the division long before the "Premiership" got really tough.

Having done just enough to hang around for years (like Coventry and countless others...), when the going got tough they sunk like a stone.

Southampton fans remind me of Reading Fans (similar sized clubs), must be that part of the world.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here