Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scum fined £ 247

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
fatbadger said:
Assuming you meant to say "Adam Smith" there, then you should know that there are lots of reasons to respect his work. Unfortunately, however, there are a bunch of right-wing idiots who have not read him, or did not understand him when they did, who think that he is the great apostle of the free-market economy. He wasn't - his economics theories were part of his theory of moral sentiments, and are actually a quite brilliant analysis of the moral degradation involved in a competitive economy. In fact, it's a genuine disgrace that the Adam Smith Institute uses his name - he openly despised 90% of what they stand for. Smith is the greatest economist the left have ever had.

.... until one Maggiet Thatcher got her 'hands' son him.

What Adam Smith stood for a couple of hundred years ago and what 'he' stands for now, is as you say not the same, hence the 'sunshine's out of his ar$e' comment. Free market economy circa 1980-2004 = Adam Smith, End of story (apparently).

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You may find that that was the line put out, but in the background something may have been said.

The GMB were our recognised union and the T&G were sniffing around...after a few meetings our shop stewards took it up the line and T&G backed off.

If you are only a trade association, legally speaking I dont think you can actively stop a union contacting individual members if my memory serves me right...however intimidation is another kettle of octopussies.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
3gulls said:
So what do you hunt? Do you kill anything?

Mr Rabbit and the occasional pheasant ..golden rule was that If I wasn't going to eat it or someone hadn't asked for it then I didn't kill it. To be fair I haven't hunted for 5-6 years, but I still fish.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Deportivo Seagull said:
Mr Rabbit and the occasional pheasant ..golden rule was that If I wasn't going to eat it or someone hadn't asked for it then I didn't kill it. To be fair I haven't hunted for 5-6 years, but I still fish.

So you shoot, not hunt do you, i'm sorry I misunderstood.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Deportivo Seagull said:
What's the difference ?

It was supposed to be an apology for thinking you hunted on horse. Rough shooting is not usually refered to as "hunting".

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Don't need to apologise, though I'm aware of the argument that oting is not hunting ... not that agree with it.
However ... me .. on a horse, now that would be :lolol:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
bloody disgusting:angry: :angry: :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here