Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scum fined £ 247

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
dave the gaffer said:
"...smash the marxist unions...." and replace them with what. A situation where companies have the ability to sack thousands of people and get away with it by calling it "redundancy". Companies that can at a whim move thousands of jobs half way round the world to people who are paid 50 times less than here?

Oh yes..very public spirited of you 3gulls.

So when you retire and because of the diminished power of the unions there is no pension fund, no health service, no public transport, remember Mrs Thatcher in her 5 million pound house in London and her country residences as I am sure she is thinking about you

Who said I was "public spirited". I'm a firmly believe in the free market economy. If labour is too expensive here because of "tax and spend" and EU rules, why shouldn't companies move jobs to take advantage of cheaper labour?

The Unions are left-wing scum and could never represent my best interests. Have you ever had to deal with their thugs?:censored:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Supporting a more balanced veiw of the 80's is "Parody" if it offends leftwing foibles? Thats a new one on me.:nono:

I ment points not pints, I need a drink! See ya all next week!
:lolol:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes actually I have had to deal with unions. The three uniuons I had to deal with T&G, Sogat and GMB. I found they acted 100% in the interests of the workers they representd.

they negotiated pay structures, Health and safety issues and employment activities..
At no time did I find them to be "marxist"

When our company was taken over by Americans backed by Thatchers Conservative lackeys ,wanting to ship everything to Detroit, the unions fought tooth and nail to keep the factories opened, when the Directors all took f*** off great handouts to sell us down the river. Those factories are still open, with British workers doing a fecking good job, producing a superb rate of products and providing decent Pension, health care and welfare assistance to the workers and pensioners dependant on it.

If that is an example of unions then I for one am all for it.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
You would probably get a bigger fine for p*ssing in the street.

looney said:
The unions were Marxist who did have kremlin connections.
The Unions were dragging this country down.
Scargill is a Marxist.

These pints are all true, you are biased.
Bollocks.

The trade unions were (and are) their members - ordinary working people. The kind of people that Thatcher feared.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
3gulls said:
"Toffs" i'm sure some must be. But most are ordinary people who enjoy riding and the thrill of the hunt. I don't know any "toffs" (ok, perhapse the one who owns the company i work for) but do know several very ordinary people who spend a lot of their hard-earned money on hunting/horses. It looks to me like you have an inferiority complex and wish to get involved in a "class" war. FFS Maggie stopped all that when she created a country that gave everyone the oportunity to better themselves, and smashed the marxist unions.
======

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
3gulls said:
"Toffs" i'm sure some must be. But most are ordinary people who enjoy riding and the thrill of the hunt. I don't know any "toffs" (ok, perhapse the one who owns the company i work for) but do know several very ordinary people who spend a lot of their hard-earned money on hunting/horses. It looks to me like you have an inferiority complex and wish to get involved in a "class" war. FFS Maggie stopped all that when she created a country that gave everyone the oportunity to better themselves, and smashed the marxist unions.
======
Are you you Soames in Disguise ... are you fatty in disguise ..

As a country dweller and someone who has hunted and fished for most of my life .. I think I've got the right to say that you are full of crap

Most of the 'toffs' that I've come across that hunt Mr Fox couldn't give a $hit about the welfare of the countryside, The mess they make with there 4X4 etc.
They should get off their arses and start repairing the damaged caused by intensive farming and start paying there workers a decent wage ... something above the minmium wage.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Deportivo Seagull said:
======
As a country dweller and someone who has hunted and fished for most of my life ..

Sorry, but you appear to be backing my arguement. AS SOMEONE WHO HAS HUNTED FOR MOST OF YOUR LIFE, ARE YOU A "TOFF"? Think carefully before you answer now or you may start to rant again about wages and 4x4s instead of getting the point. :lolol:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
3gulls said:
Who said I was "public spirited". I'm a firmly believe in the free market economy. If labour is too expensive here because of "tax and spend" and EU rules, why shouldn't companies move jobs to take advantage of cheaper labour?

The Unions are left-wing scum and could never represent my best interests. Have you ever had to deal with their thugs?:censored:

For every left-wing thug, there's a small minded bigot who thinks he's the next Harvey-Jones. Can't believe that their are still people out there who think the sun shines out of Adams Smith ar$e.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
so 3gulls, as I have given my example of how unions have benefitted the comminuity, what is your experience of union thugs ( or is it just another anecdotal ranting)?

WATF0RD ZERO

Jan 22, 2004
FFS - Who said they are banning hunting ?

These pratts can dress up in their red coats, go riding all over the place following packs of Dogs - ALL THEY ARE BANNING IS THE RIPPING APART OF ANIMALS AT THE END OF IT.

If they love the thrill of the chase etc - go drag hunting.

Nobody is telling you to kill all your hounds (which you do every 2-3 years anyway), kill all your horses and sack all your peasant staff.

:angry: :angry: :censored: :censored: :angry: :angry: :angry:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
dave the gaffer said:
so 3gulls, as I have given my example of how unions have benefitted the comminuity, what is your experience of union thugs ( or is it just another anecdotal ranting)?

My example of union thugs is Amacus officials trying to intimidate my company into insisting that all of our workers were enrolled into their union. Despite the fact that some were already members of T&GWU! The guy "asking" was an ex-boxer who took great delight in showing my colleague the size of his fist and informing him about his fights, but was unable to explain the benefits to our workers.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
3gulls said:
Sorry, but you appear to be backing my arguement. AS SOMEONE WHO HAS HUNTED FOR MOST OF YOUR LIFE, ARE YOU A "TOFF"? Think carefully before you answer now or you may start to rant again about wages and 4x4s instead of getting the point. :lolol:

No I think you missed the point. I hunt and fish, yet I have nothing in common with those that hunt Mr. Fox. For a start there interest in the countryside is purely concerned with hunting Mr Fox. They couldn't give a toss about the welfare of the contryside. There are 'toffs' and 50 years ago I would have had to call them sir. They say all these people's livelyhoods are finished if hunting stops, crocodile tears I'm afraid, they tolerate these people because they need them for the hunt, nothing more.
The average farmhand and hunt worker is poorly paid and over worked.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It depends what industry you work in, but there has been infighting between unions who are aimed at representing a certain sector of workers.

Amacus is a Manufacturing Union that sees as its strength having blanket membership of workers over the manufacturing sector. T&G were the original "heavy industry" union that in some quarters are regarded as outdated...even the name is indicative of that.

If you had intimidation, then I take it you wrote to the TUC General Secretary, the Secretary of Amacus and also the secretary of the T&G.

Any form of intimidation is deplorable and cannot be justied in any shape or form. But you must not let one action by an individual cloud your judgement of the whole union movement.

After all, we do not think every cardiff fan is a hooligan just because of teh Soul Crew.....or then again....:lolol:

Deportivo Seagull said:
Can't believe that their are still people out there who think the sun shines out of Adams Smith ar$e.

Assuming you meant to say "Adam Smith" there, then you should know that there are lots of reasons to respect his work. Unfortunately, however, there are a bunch of right-wing idiots who have not read him, or did not understand him when they did, who think that he is the great apostle of the free-market economy. He wasn't - his economics theories were part of his theory of moral sentiments, and are actually a quite brilliant analysis of the moral degradation involved in a competitive economy. In fact, it's a genuine disgrace that the Adam Smith Institute uses his name - he openly despised 90% of what they stand for. Smith is the greatest economist the left have ever had.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Keynes anyone?

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Deportivo Seagull said:
No I think you missed the point. I hunt and fish, yet I have nothing in common with those that hunt Mr. Fox. For a start there interest in the countryside is purely concerned with hunting Mr Fox. They couldn't give a toss about the welfare of the contryside. There are 'toffs' and 50 years ago I would have had to call them sir. They say all these people's livelyhoods are finished if hunting stops, crocodile tears I'm afraid, they tolerate these people because they need them for the hunt, nothing more.
The average farmhand and hunt worker is poorly paid and over worked.

So what do you hunt? Do you kill anything?

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
Gareth Glover said:
Scum who dumped the carcasses of 3 dead animals in the roads and parks of Brighton have been fined £ 80 and £ 167. They faced up to £ 5000 fines and jail of 6 months.

Hardly worth it was it really. May have just as well not bothered

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
dave the gaffer said:
It depends what industry you work in, but there has been infighting between unions who are aimed at representing a certain sector of workers.

Amacus is a Manufacturing Union that sees as its strength having blanket membership of workers over the manufacturing sector. T&G were the original "heavy industry" union that in some quarters are regarded as outdated...even the name is indicative of that.

If you had intimidation, then I take it you wrote to the TUC General Secretary, the Secretary of Amacus and also the secretary of the T&G.

Any form of intimidation is deplorable and cannot be justied in any shape or form. But you must not let one action by an individual cloud your judgement of the whole union movement.

After all, we do not think every cardiff fan is a hooligan just because of teh Soul Crew.....or then again....:lolol:

We actually complained to our trade association. They had had other complaints and raised the matter with the TUC at a senior level. No action was taken by them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here