Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SCR Phone in

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Charlies Shinpad said:
The phone in is a verbal version of this site IMHO.

The 3 of us have been a Season ticket Holders since Gillingham and we are still waiting for the letters to come thru the door???

We got ours on Friday. It's probably alphabetical

Seagullmatt

Feb 8, 2004
Goring by Sea
I didn't hear all of the phone in coz i was in Everest's taxi with Safeway,Trotster and Easy10 Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm drunk at the moment!) but i heard them read out my text!

Last edited:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
If I hadn't already been over-exposed on the radio today I'd have rung in and had a rant myself! Miserable barstewards the lot of 'em! It is fair to say that I was fecking furious listening to the tide of complaints being aired, given the passion to save the Albion that I've seen so many people display this last week. Thank heavens for the good text messages from Matt and others and of course Mary's contribution. At 79 she's a breath of fresh air AND a lesson in loyalty to some of the fairweather grizzlers.

Things aren't perfect but whenever are they? This is football - the most fickle love in all the world!

P.S. Gareth, thank you for explaining about my "right testicle". I wondered where I'd left it...:D

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Eddie the Seagull said:
Two points:

1) Even though I will never follow the whingers lead - I can empathise with their opinion.

I went to f***ing Gillingham week in - week out & always have paid up front, in full.

The deadline just seems to be getting earlier & earlier??

2) My old company used 'schemes' similar to the buy 3 years for £1200 - all that means is that one year from now Albion will get NO revenue from those seats & the problem snowballs.

It is a dangerous business practice IMO.

To further qualify my quote:

Instead of me paying, (along with others), 100's of £'s into the club via various schemes, I'd rather give the £'s in exchange for shares, (which will be worthless, no doubt?), so I can at least see a 'result'.

If a share issue was raised i'd happily bung a few thousand into the Albion - but i am unhappy at being told year after year that if i don't pay my £400+ by a certain date i will be penalised.

It pisses me off, quite frankly.

I'm sorry if people don't see my point of view.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I've already paid for my ticket next year - I won't give up just because we're having a shit season compared to the last 3 exciting years. Once a fan, always a fan.

Give McGhee the summer to have a clear out and then judge him by Xmas based on his own team that he has put together.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The points surely is how can a team that was 4 points clear after 13 games now be a relegation outfit. Its down to management of the same players. Lets start the clearout with the manager !.

Brian Horton for BHAFC.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
southstandandy said:
I've already paid for my ticket next year - I won't give up just because we're having a shit season compared to the last 3 exciting years. Once a fan, always a fan.

Give McGhee the summer to have a clear out and then judge him by Xmas based on his own team that he has put together.

Absolutely, but it would be nice if he could start the clear out a little earlier than the summer, judging by the last three games. Outplayed by Wycombe, Luton and Grimsby in the space of 8 days is no laughing matter :nono:

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Eddie the Seagull said:
To further qualify my quote:

Instead of me paying, (along with others), 100's of £'s into the club via various schemes, I'd rather give the £'s in exchange for shares, (which will be worthless, no doubt?), so I can at least see a 'result'.

If a share issue was raised i'd happily bung a few thousand into the Albion - but i am unhappy at being told year after year that if i don't pay my £400+ by a certain date i will be penalised.

It pisses me off, quite frankly.

I'm sorry if people don't see my point of view.

If, sorry, WHEN Falmer is approved you will have the chance to invest in the club. That has always been the plan. It's not the club's fault this thing has gone on so long.

Jam The Man said:
If people don't want to buy a season ticket - fine! DON'T !!!

The club does NOT need fairweather scum like you anyway. Especially that guy in Southwick.. Jesus I hope he doesn't have a lethal weapon near him, as I would fear that he might use it on himself. Total moron.

I don't have a season ticket this year, although I have had one every season since we've been at Withdean, and I wont be buying one next year. Does that make me fairweather scum?

Don't be so f***ing ridiculous. This is to do with my own personal circumstances. I don't have a season ticket as I no longer live within the Sussex area and that combined with my job means that I can't make every, or even every other game. I still make an effort to get to as many games as possible, and when I'm not there I try as hard as possible to listen to the game via Seagulls World.

I can understand your anger at the views expressed on the phone in by the people who are pissed off themselves, and who are just expressing frustrated knee-jerk reactions, but don't judge all non season ticket holders the same.

I was pissed off with the result, same as I was on Tuesday night standing there at Luton, but that doesn't mean for one minute that I would turn my back on the club. Far from it. I've been through a lot worse than this with the Albion and I don't intend to give up on them now.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
To re-iterate the callers set the agenda.
With almost relegation like form, 1 pt from a possible 9, the spectre of Falmer going tits up and the ongoing season ticket issue, regardless of the fact it was Feb 14th did anyone really expect a love-in?

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Unfortunately we do need fairweather scum and at Falmer we will need thousands of them otherwise we will have crowds of 4000 each week.
If Falmer goes ahead we will start to see alot of new faces coming to games which will of course be a good thing but people are fickle and they will still pick and choose the games they want to see.
There is still some resentment at Man Utd from the fans that have always watched them against the influx that appeared when they started being successful again.When we are at Falmer the fans that went to Gillingham,have had season tickets each season etc etc could be outnumbered by new fans or fickle fans so we had better get used to it.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Gareth Glover said:
The points surely is how can a team that was 4 points clear after 13 games now be a relegation outfit. Its down to management of the same players. Lets start the clearout with the manager !.

Brian Horton for BHAFC.

We have picked up 7 points from the last 5 games which included a win against the runaway league leaders. We are 8th place. We are hardly a relegation outfit.

With regard to people whingeing about season ticket prices - yes it is early to pay but we all know the reasons for that. Why are people complaining about the price staying the same? We will be in the same division so why not the same price? I will have paid the same price for my season ticket for 3 years in a row? 0% inflation seems good to me.

Also people have been whining over the last 2 weeks due to 3 poor performances saying they no longer want to renew. Well these 3 games have been away from home so aren't covered by a season ticket. Our home form has been bloody good this year and after the Plymouth game people weren't complaining.

It really pissed me off yesterday that after spending the afternoon at Falmer trying to do something to save the club I had to listen to a bunch of whiners - most of which had no doubt been sat on their arses all afternoon.

Kneon Light said:
after spending the afternoon at Falmer trying to do something to save the club I had to listen to a bunch of whiners - most of which had no doubt been sat on their arses all afternoon.

DAMN RIGHT. People knew about yesterday's protest but most of them chose to do nothing (even some people on here that said they'd be there didn't turn up). They then think they've got the right call up and whinge like bitches when things aren't to their liking. f*** 'EM. Support your team or f*** off.

T.J.

Feb 11, 2004
bevendean
once a brighton fan, always a brighton fan. brighton till i die.

That it so true.Through the ups and downs we are always there.
:ascarf:

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Kneon

Games 18
Won 5
Drawn 4
Lost 9
Points 19

Relegation battle form.