Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SCR Phone in

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Gareth Glover said:
How many more times, the football matters not a jot until we get Falmer.
The football does matter and thats a fact or can we not pay the players as it doesn't matter or do we just let the players stay lazy and shite until the decision mmm.

Doesn't matter what anyone says as the football matters a lot for those who pay a fortune to watch drivel up and down the country.
The fans are out there writing and demostrating for the life of the club and our players do f-all to lift the fans and get paid a bomb.

Also fairweather whingers are needed at the club and they are entitled to whinge at the price of a season ticket and if the crap on the field continues the club will lose out on money full stop.

The players need a massive kick up the arse and do there bit for the fans is a must as they are fu-cking useless and are wasting the clubs money by being here as a fair few should have been gone a long time ago and somehow got long contracts.:smokin: :drink:

But even this season, we've had some great days out - the TV victory over Plymouth to name but one.

Am I wrong to remember that more than I will remember last Tuesday at Luton?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
No, indeed, it's all about differing views

And - before I get into an argument with Berkshire Seagull - I'll just add that I agree with most of what he's saying.

The football DOES matter. I'm just not going to abandon the Albion on the basis of a few poor performances.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think the Scots have a special word for it called DREICH.

I am not sure how to pronounce it (I have forgotten). Mark McGhee might know.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BTW Berkshire we were not that bad today.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
berkshire seagull said:
I forgot what its like at a match.:D
Maybe we played slightly better as they are near the bottom etc:lolol:

Teams that are fighting relegation very often put up a greater fight (llook at some of the victories we had last season)

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Still shit though:lolol: :lolol:
Yeah there is no easy game,but we all thought we must get better,but its a fact we are not good enough full stop:nono:

O well roll on next season???

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Two points:

1) Even though I will never follow the whingers lead - I can empathise with their opinion.

I went to f***ing Gillingham week in - week out & always have paid up front, in full.

The deadline just seems to be getting earlier & earlier??

2) My old company used 'schemes' similar to the buy 3 years for £1200 - all that means is that one year from now Albion will get NO revenue from those seats & the problem snowballs.

It is a dangerous business practice IMO.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
the more this season develops the more convinced I am that:

1) Falmer is all that matters
2) Most current players realise promotion would be the end of their (Albion?) careers
3) The youngsters have a better chance of playing if we are in Div 2 next season
4) The club cannot afford Div 1
5) McGhee will gain more recognition in getting promotion next season with "his" team rather than this year with an "inherited" team
6) DK told McGhee "mid table will do this season"
7) Most of the current squad will never play at Falmer even if we get it
8) I go to every match hoping to win (I still think we are superior) but after Wycombe/Luton my confidence is beginning to wane
9) I will continue putting my money into the Albion by attending home matches but will be selective about which away games I waste £70+ on
10) McGhee has already told the players who will not be around next year - and it's showing in their play
11) Coppell performed miracles to get the performances out of the squad he had at the beginning of this season. His preparation was far superior to McGhee's

Falmer is top priority, but the club/players still have a duty to perform to the best of their abilities.

Oh and by the way I'll spend £1,000+ on three season tickets later this week and attend the Bournemouth match next Saturday.

Am I entitled to rant Gareth/Lord B?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
A lot of you are looking at the result and saying because we lost we must have been bad.

It's not as black and white as that. We were caught hopping very early on as they threw everything at us. Their first goal was a brilliant angle and difficult to stop. After that we were the better side.

The second half they did get the better of us and their second goal a lot of refs would have disallowed because Jones was bundled over the line (told to me by a Grimsby fan whilst walking back to the car)

The fair result today would have been a draw. We deserved a draw by our standard of play.

Positives young Jakey got into good positions and did some excellent passes.

Negatives although Benjamin scored the goal he is a waste of space otherwise. Those who went to Luton will know what I mean.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Eddie the Seagull said:
Two points:

1) Even though I will never follow the whingers lead - I can empathise with their opinion.

I went to f***ing Gillingham week in - week out & always have paid up front, in full.

The deadline just seems to be getting earlier & earlier??

2) My old company used 'schemes' similar to the buy 3 years for £1200 - all that means is that one year from now Albion will get NO revenue from those seats & the problem snowballs.

It is a dangerous business practice IMO.

Selling the season tickets so early just goes to show the critical state of the clubs finances :angry:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
Selling the season tickets so early just goes to show the critical state of the clubs finances :angry:

For once I actually agree with you :blush:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Can't believe he told certain players they are off already as thats asking for crap performances full stop.
still don't believe even mc ghee is that stupid surely???

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Grimsby fans were telling us how badly off they are. No player is earning more than £996. That is a salary cap.

They didn't even have ball boys today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here