Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SCR Phone In Special

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
If it helps ... MY source of the information that DK wanted to keep Hammond (at a fair price) was the Chairman himself.

Your story (that he didn't) is untrue.
what so you are on that good term with the chairman - he discusses with you a fan who he wants to keep adn my story is not untrue

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
i tell you what i don't think i am going to post too much any more - there are a few that believe what i say and i thank you - the rest just take the piss - believe me there will be people that have the last laugh at Dick Knight when the truth does eventually come out.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
OK. Thanks. Bye

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
In my defence, I was fielding on the boundary whn I called the show and was half concentrating on our game.

I still thing its shody!!!!

BTW I see Big" I am owned by Race"Gully is back

5 pints of harveys tonight!!!!!

the rest just take the piss

No-the rest ask you for specifics and all we get is "I know the truth", "you'll all see in the future who was right".

If you want a modicum of credibility on here it's time for you to tell us this 'truth'. We keep hearing ABOUT it but never get told what it is. As I said earlier in this thread-what exactly is your agenda and why are you trying to de-stabilise this football club? Strange behaviour from somebody claiming to be such an Albion fan-don't you think?

If you don't think you can tell us this 'truth' and you decide to stop posting on here-close the account on your way out.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
i tell you what i don't think i am going to post too much any more - there are a few that believe what i say and i thank you - the rest just take the piss - believe me there will be people that have the last laugh at Dick Knight when the truth does eventually come out.

That is a crying shame. I was hoping to discover the TRUTH.

Ps Hearing from Dick Knight is slightly more believable than hearing from 'a source I can't divluge'.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
In my defence, I was fielding on the boundary whn I called the show and was half concentrating on our game.

I still thing its shody!!!!

BTW I see Big" I am owned by Race"Gully is back

5 pints of harveys tonight!!!!!

Did you win? I would have had you down as a gully.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry I cannot agree with this witch hunt of BHa Deb or whoever refuses to name their informant as I think that it is wrong to expect somebody to name him or her. For what it is worth I was told, and no I wont tell you by whom, that one of the reasons for DW dismisal as manager, was the appalling sales of Seasion Tickets which indicate that people/ supporters are not happy with him or his team selections or the manner in which the team plays.

I believe that the lack of ST sales is due to the general money situation in the ountry, and the fact that you can always get a ticket to watch the Albion now and with the offers that they give it makes little financial sense to buy a Season Ticket.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
If it helps ... MY source of the information that DK wanted to keep Hammond (at a fair price) was the Chairman himself.

Your story (that he didn't) is untrue.

I gotta tell you.

You as a self appointed man with the knowledge, is laughable.

You flit in and out and for some reason the regulars here feel you have an ear.

Well let me piss on your parade.

You are likely to be a stalwart supporter granted.

And you enjoy the odd guard of honour at the odd testimonial and DK and friends pat you on the back as you buy them another overpriced beer at another legends testomonial.

They no doubt whisper in your ear and you are overjoyed at the attention.

bhadeb isnt a million miles away from the truth.

DK wanted to keep Hammond, of course he did.

DK wanted to keep Wilkins too !!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Shock, horror, but I find myself agreeing with Mr Alan Wares.......

So what are you saying ..... ?

That the decision was made because of Wilkins determined stance in trying to retain players that he felt might win us a 'play off place'.

Or because DK had concluded that Wilkins couldnt manage the side and wasnt up to the job.

Which one did DK get wrong ??

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania

You know, you would be a touch more credible if you:

a) offered some (any?) evidence in support of your assertions.

b) posted coherently.

Just a thought.

atp.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The "I was told this.., I was told that...", by both sides of the argument on here doesn't exactly put the posters or the people they are talking about in a terribly good light to be honest.

Just because someone was told something by the chairman, or told something by someone close to the manager doesn't mean either is 100% correct.

So much for being told things in confidence or do both the parties actually want it all to be discussed in the open using their friendly messengers.

If so they've had their wish.

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
The "I was told this.., I was told that...", by both sides of the argument on here doesn't exactly put the posters or the people they are talking about in a terribly good light to be honest.

Just because someone was told something by the chairman, or told something by someone close to the manager doesn't mean either is 100% correct.

So much for being told things in confidence or do both the parties actually want it all to be discussed in the open using their friendly messengers.

If so they've had their wish.

Yup - The delerious demand for information on this board makes it really easy to get the message, any message, out.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
i tell you what i don't think i am going to post too much any more -

:clap2: You know it makes sense. The English language must be mighty relieved too.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
So what are you saying ..... ?

That the decision was made because of Wilkins determined stance in trying to retain players that he felt might win us a 'play off place'.

Or because DK had concluded that Wilkins couldnt manage the side and wasnt up to the job.

Which one did DK get wrong ??

No what I saying is that its true that regardless of what other people might think the die was cast months ago.

My part time work is a privilege and one of those privileges is meeting and talking with people connected to the club that other fans might not neccesarily meet in those conditions. I will take the opportunity when I next meet Dick Knight to tell him, that however much I respect him and appreciate all he has done for the Albion, going to this said"Falmer for All" meeting back in February and spouting off to various 'high profile' supporters about what he thought about Dean Wilkins and ultimately what as going to happen was to my mind unacceptable.

It wasn't just Ed, two other 'names' told me what had been said, to the point that I phoned Ken Brown to express my disapointement with the situation because Dick's actions had they come out publicy then, which as I've said before I could have put out on the phone-in that night, would have made the managers job untenable back in February.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
So certain members of this messageboard knew that Wendy's job was under threat, but failed to post details on here. BAN THEM BOZZA!!!!

Sorry I cannot agree with this witch hunt of BHa Deb or whoever refuses to name their informant as I think that it is wrong to expect somebody to name him or her.

There is no witch hunt-unless you look at her attacks on DK which is a true witch hunt. People are asking her to tell us what 'the truth' is that she keeps banging on about, in between a non-stop character assassination of Dick Knight on every available message board where Albion fans go. Nobody has asked for a source of this 'truth' as far as I know. So far she has told us nothing but continues to attack Dick Knight at every opportunity.

Your indignation is mis-directed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here