Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SCR Phone In Special

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Better than letting him go for a free! We are a business (that loses £2m+ a year) you know!

Whilst I would love to have kept GO'C, it seems it was never going to happen. Where is he? Playing in Ireland and I daresay that is a huge step down from the English league. Why did no one else want him?

Is he a 'yes man'? I can't remember MA ever being a yes man. Perhaps you would like to fill me in on that one. My abiding memory of MA is that HE told Dick he needed a new squad and the chairman/board obliged. Hardly a yes man!

Can I make a suggestion? I was bitter about the departure of McGhee and now of Wilkins, but the best solution is to get behind the new manager....unless you are planning on swapping teams that is.

ask yourself why he has not got another club - because dick made his name shit

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I'm rather glad I went to watch some cricket this afternoon, and escaped the temptation to chip in with my contribution to this debate as it unfolded.

All I will say now is that DK did want to retain DH, at a fair price, and that DW didn't contribute to achieving that. Maybe if he had been a better manager, it would have happened. Instead, DW revealed his weakness as a manager. The consequences are that both DH and DW have gone.

BigGully and bhadeb are telling the story from another angle. They've managed to distort the picture beyond recognition.

As I said on the phone-in, MA seems to recognise that the manager's job is all about working with the players, the Chairman, the Board and the fans.

there was nothing wrong with dean's management skills - when will people realise dick didn't rate dean hammond and didn't want him - it seems to me that people connnected to falmer for all ( you have said previously this is you source of info) don't see any wrong in Dick Knght - and as you also said previously dick has said things at the falmer rally was in - how professional?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Didn't he get frozen out from the apologetic chairman* of Ipswich? I think you are overestimating Dick. Football is a business and a club would not refrain from signing someone due to a public spat. See NUMEROUS cases!

*The Ipswich Chairman, apologising for the conduct of his loanee

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
no just a chairman full of shit - i would rather he turned round and said to the fans - i don't want to keep a player and to continually lie

He said he wanted to keep Hammond, until Hammond alluded to the fact that he was not keen to sign the contract. He said he did not want to keep O'Callaghan after his public outburst. He said he wanted to keep Savage, but could not meet terms.

Hammond and Savage were offered contracts and IMPROVED contracts. Hardly the actions of someone that did not want to keep them.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
He said he wanted to keep Hammond, until Hammond alluded to the fact that he was not keen to sign the contract. He said he did not want to keep O'Callaghan after his public outburst. He said he wanted to keep Savage, but could not meet terms.

Hammond and Savage were offered contracts and IMPROVED contracts. Hardly the actions of someone that did not want to keep them.
You haven't been listening - bhadeb knows "the truth", you're only believing Dick's "lies". Mind you, we haven't been told which of these "facts" are lies, or what "the truth" is.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
can you tell me how you know that he wanted to keep hammond - just out of curiosity was it what you had read in the paper

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
no journalists don't always have the facts - what i was saying was your info a reliable source

I think George O'Callaghan did a fine job of his own in making his name shit.

What exactly is your agenda? Why are you on all out character assassination of Dick Knight?

Are you related to one of the released players?

Are you related to Wilkins?

Are you in any way associated with Steve Foster and his little consortium?

All of the above are serious questions because you appear to be doing everything you can to de-stabilise this football club. Why?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I think George O'Callaghan did a fine job of his own in making his name shit.

What exactly is your agenda? Why are you on all out character assassination of Dick Knight?

Are you related to one of the released players?

Are you related to Wilkins?

Are you in any way associated with Steve Foster and his little consortium?

All of the above are serious questions because you appear to be doing everything you can to de-stabilise this football club. Why?

I think he / she's actually Bellotti - BHA Deb, David 'Eastbourne' Bellotti.

or maybe not.

there was nothing wrong with dean's management skills - when will people realise dick didn't rate dean hammond and didn't want him - it seems to me that people connnected to falmer for all ( you have said previously this is you source of info) don't see any wrong in Dick Knght - and as you also said previously dick has said things at the falmer rally was in - how professional?
If you can re-write that in comprehensible English, I'll try to answer it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here