Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scottish results,what team do you look for ?

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Inverness Caledonian Thistle
inverness_ct.jpg

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Hibs for me.

I've been to a few games up there when on holiday. The most memorable was either Gretna in the Cup semi final at Hampden last year, or Cowdenbeath losing at home to Clydebank in the CIS a few years ago. I was one of the 237 who can honestly say they were there!

Lots of negative on here about Jocko football, but its more real that the poxy Premiership which I wouldnt walk down the pub to watch on TV

Last edited:

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Edinburgh University!! Got to the second round of the Scottish Cup this year. Show's what a pile of crap Scottish football is.

Last edited:

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
Berwick,

went to a game whilst on a stag do and have a Berwick Rangers hat that I wear faithfully to all football games when cold.

Usually confuses the Stockport locals if I wear it at Edgeley Park.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
stirling albion - went to watch them home and away in the mid - late 80's.

great team with legends like 'pacey' docherty - renowned for his lack of speed.

people used to go along for the 'craic' cos the football was fairly rank, used to be a guy with a guitar who would strike up choons such as 'rave on stirling albion'. great fun..

also they're old ground was called anfield and was a complete dump - however the fans were allowed to swap ends at half time which usually resulted in some good banter.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Leekbrookgull said:
Know special reason,but Queen of the South. Reckon just a great name. :wave: :albion:

Me too - my uncle lives there (Dumfries)

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Il Duce said:
Edinburgh University!! Got to the second round of the Scottish Cup this year. Show's what a pile of crap Scottish football is.

er Team Bath got to round one a few years ago. They're from Bath University...

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
king Wombat said:
used to be a guy with a guitar who would strike up choons such as 'rave on stirling albion'. great fun..

There was a similar guitar-playing fan when I went to Albion Rovers v Cowdenbeath once. Weird. Also, one of the best chants I've ever heard at a match was when I went to Berwick v Airdrie and stood (as is traditional) with the away fans. To the tune of "Oh When the Saints":

Oh Air-drr-ie!
Is Wonderful!
Oh Air-drr-ie is wonderful
It's full of c**ts
pissed on Buckfast
Oh Air-drr-ie is wonderful!

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
logan89 said:
Inverness Caledonian Thistle
inverness_ct.jpg

Agreed. My reason is that the Scottish League wouldn't let anyone from the Highland league in for YEARS; and its now nice to see at least one of the northern clubs holding ther own in the scottish prem; dodgy ref's decisions for the old firm permitting.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The song I like is sung by Dunfermline fans about Cowdenbeath, to the tune of the Adams family:

They're dirty and they're smelly,
They come from near Lochgelly,
They have'nae got a telly,
The Cowden Family.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here