Jul 6, 2003
Wanker
and your ugly as f***
Wanker
and your ugly as f***

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'm just gonna do the same as we did at ColU this year.

'McGllleeeeeiiisssssssssshhhhh, Oi! McGllleeeeeeeeiiisssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh.
WANKER, McGleish, you f***ing ****'

And so on, and so on.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Storer68 said:
This from the brentford site www.griffinpark.org

He ran off to halfway to celebrate with his team, closely followed by three Albions fans who wanted to beat the crap out of him!!!! They all met at the centre circle, where punches were thrown, and Ray Wilkins (then playing for Orient) was hit!!!

That's not quite right.

A fan (singular) ran onto the pitch from the west terracing to have a pop at THE REF, not McClown (Wilkins got in the way).

(And was it really straight after the third goal?!?)

Can't remember if it was this guy, or one of the others who got on the pitch, who got back into the west terracing - and took a fair amount of abuse from Albion fans.

The next day, the News of the World described three fans on the pitch as a "riot". Twats.

Jason Speaks

Feb 4, 2004
Portslade
I remember at least one other person run on from the North. He was a youngish lad, medium build in a white sweatshirt and silver adidas tracksuit bottoms. He ran on halfway, saw the approaching stewards, cacked it and jumped back into the North.

Last edited:

I've checked the video and here's what happens.

We equalise 3-3
They kick off, go straight through the middle of the defence and score 4-3
McGlesh and another player give the North Stand some unidentifiable hand gestures.
ref tries to get players back to kick of
three fans then run on from the north stand and attempt to lay into orient players who have clustered around the ref - Ray Wilkins tries to protect the ref - Orient No.2 steams into the fans kicking and punching them.
A melee ensues.
fans are wrestled to the ground
stewards eventually get on to the field having watched it all from afar
Crowd is now booing very loudly
Stewards try to get very fat fans off the field
fans make it very difficult by lying on the pitch
Stewards eventually struggle to get fans off the pitch and lob one into the NW terrace where he has to be recsued by the police and is hauled out again.....
We kick off

It is great tele now

:eek:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I was there and it was at least 3 that went on from the north and 1 guy from the west (who got the shit kicked out of him when he stewards put him back in the crowd). Most of the scuffle was near the near the north goal with wilkins running away from 1 fan (later claiming to protect the ref) before getting rugby tackled and slapped. Best game i've been to for entertainment value.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
So if there were two players involved why was McGleish singled out?

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Lammy said:
So if there were two players involved why was McGleish singled out?

Because he's a w@nker and our paths crossed many times. His gesture was basically to say that's you lot dead and buried. A lot of us thought the balloon was up if points were deducted as a result of the pitch incursion. Plus we always need someone like that to spice things up.

The situation was similar to that of Chris Kiwomya who we always used to give plenty after his goal celebrations for Ipswich in the game that got us to the (old) Div 2 play-offs. After that final Tommy Johnson was never popular and used to love it.

Before that Micky Quinn (he's fat, he's round, he bounces on the ground) who I remember going nearly the full length of the North Stand giving us two fingers. Remember David Speedie as well always got and gave plenty of stick. Steve McMahon too.

McGleish is just our current bad guy though he flippin deserves it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He's definitely not playing tomorrow though.

Damn.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
edna krabappel said:
He's definitely not playing tomorrow though.

Damn.

boo and I was gonna get a last minute ticket too :glare:
cant afford it anyway!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Perhaps we could find out who inflicted the ligament damage and send him a bottle of champagne by way of congratulation?;)

I guess he might come along for the ride. We could still sing to him, just in case his team mates aren't aware of his impending sight disorder.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
From a Col U mate

"Whys that? It seems a lot of teams don't like mr mcgleish...!!

No, he won't be playing. Him and Karl Duguid (our captain) are both probably out for the season as they both tore medial knee ligaments in the same match (a 4-1 hammering by port vale)

So we're down to 2 of our loanees (Craig Fagan from Birmingham and Rowan Vine from Portsmouth) and Wayne Andrews for strikers... our squad's looked very thin recently and we've had to haul in youth players to fill up the bench cos our keeper (Richard mckinney) is also injured, and former club captain scott fitzgerald has left to go join brentford...!

We're on a downer since we crashed out of the ldv in the final (losing to rivals/neighbours/scum Southend) and I don't reckon we'll scare you guys too much... we're pretty solid at the back though...
"

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
More

"I interviewed mcgleish for the col u fanzine a couple of months ago, and he was pretty laid back about being hated... he used to get abuse nearly every week for us, but then we signed wayne Andrews, and everyone hates him instead cos he dived a lot when he was at Oldham last year and he's quick and scores goals.

He's stopped diving (manager's instructions) but still gets booed...! Haha!

Scott thinks it's just cos he's committed, but he's not one who puts the boot in, or does anything too dirty so he was saying he doesn't think he deserves the abuse he gets from opposition fans... he just cares about the teams he plays for and plays up for the "home" fans every now and then, which obviously doesn't always go down too well... ;o)

Must be something about our strikers - craig Fagan seems to wind fans up as well!"

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Wozza said:
Can you just clarify to your mate that no one - and I mean no one - gives a shit about Colchester.

Cheers.

Except for the genuine football fans who support Colchester as passionately as we support The Albion eh Wozza:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here