Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scott McGleish

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is this wanker still injured or will we get the chance to give him some stick on Saturday?

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Has he ever played against us at home since the little incident while playing for Orient?

I can't remember ever having the chance to give him some abuse at Withdean. Perhaps he was on the bench once but that's it.

Handy for him, that old injury playing up every time he's supposed to say hello to us eh? I'm sure he'll still be there at the weekend, so let's all give him a big Nescafe wave on behalf of everyone who was at that Orient game.

:tosser:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Ideal situation, Scott McGit gets transferred to Cheaterfield.

I got chatting to this woman on a Hen night before xmas in Btn, and she saw my Albion badge and asked me if I thought Scott McGleish is a wanker. Damn right lady, I replied and let her know exactly why. I then asked her why she was interested. She said "because he's my f*cking husband!"
End of conversation.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Brixton Seagull 2 said:
I got chatting to this woman on a Hen night before xmas in Btn, and she saw my Albion badge and asked me if I thought Scott McGleish is a wanker. Damn right lady, I replied and let her know exactly why. I then asked her why she was interested. She said "because he's my f*cking husband!"
End of conversation.

lol now the best thing that could've happened was if she asked you that after you shagged her :lolol:

take THAT Scott you WANKER :lolol:

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
He played when we beat them 1-0 2 seasons ago at the Withdean.

If his wife knows then he sure as hell knows what we all think of him!:lolol:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Can someone refresh everyones' collective memory as to why we dislike Mr McGleish. I wasn't at the game, and only have hazy memories of the radio commentary, and newcomers won't know the story at all.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Giving it the old gun salute to the North Stand while playing for Orient (in that highly tense 4-4 draw when we were fighting relegation from Div 3).

He, Carl Griffiths (I think) and Lee Hodges were really going for it and winding the crowd up when they scored. Think Michael Keane and his "going down" signs last season.

Little runt, that made me laugh out loud about someone telling McGleish's wife he's a w****r. Splendid news.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Refresh your memories

March 1997

Brighton 4 Leyton Orient 4
Ray Wilkins (who scored in the 1983 FA Cup Final) is in Orient's team. Orient are just clear of the clubs in the demotion zone and should be safe, 9 points clear of Brighton on 6 March 1997.
Conditions: overcast, cool.

Kick-off delayed for 5 minutes because of crowd congestion. An insufficient number of turnstiles were opened.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A packed North Stand (it was full up) against Orient (poor quality photograph)

1-0 Craig Maskell alluded the offside trap and clinically put the ball past Luke Weaver in the Orient goal. 5 mins.

2-0 Craig Maskell headed brilliantly past Luke Weaver from a stunning Paul McDonald cross at speed on a great breakaway from the half-way line. 7 mins.

HT. 2-0

1-2 Carl Griffiths poked home from close range after John Humphreys for Brighton failed to get to grips with Orient's young winger Lee Hodges who crossed successfully for the first time in the match. 47 mins.

2-2 Alex Inglethorpe equalised for Orient with a fine header, with a plenty of space allowed by Brighton's sleeping defence. 50 mins.

2-3 Carl Griffiths shocked Brighton with a close range shot from a good cross by Justin Channing.

Ian Baird headed in powerfully from Paul McDonald's corner, but the goal was disallowed. 60 mins.

3-3 Ian Baird equalised for Brighton by a far post header after some excellent wing-play from Paul McDonald followed by a superb cross. 74 mins.

3-4 Scott McLeish restored Orient's lead after the ball ran for them in Brighton's box. 75 mins.

Three Brighton supporters ran on to the pitch and became involved in a scuffle with the Orient players. Play was held up for 4 minutes. 75 mins.

Craig Maskell heading for goal with the keeper to beat was sliced down by Danny Chapman for a blatant penalty. 81 mins.

Penalty delayed. Robbie Reinhelt (Brighton) booked and Mark Warren (Orient) is sent off for a second bookable offence.

4-4 Paul McDonald keeps his head and slots the penalty calmly home. 85 mins.

Atmosphere: Fair 6/10 Volatile. Extremely Tense in last 30 mins. Performance: Average 5/10.

Orient played exceptionally well which came as a shock to Brighton supporters. This game was meant to the easiest game before the tense encounters to come.

Referee: Frazor Stretton.

Attendance: 9,298 (largest of the season and the largest in Division 3, despite being the second game in a week). Official attendance may have been revised to 8,655.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brighton are bottom, two points adrift of Doncaster and have played two games more. They are 3 points adrift of Hereford United who have played the same number of games.

The fear amongst the supporters is that the club will be deducted more league points, which will make relegation to the Vauxhall Conference almost certain. However, it is very difficult to prevent the action of an occasional nutter. Barry Hearn's (Orient) protest about the organisation at the ground is allegedly an opening punch to cloud over issues about the behaviour of the Orient players that may have contributed to the incident. More information held.

Carlisle are 5 points clear of Fulham at the top of Division 3, with Wigan in third place 10 points clear of Swansea and these teams are certain to gain the 3 automatic promotion places.

:angry:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Perhaps we should show Scott that we're reasonable people, and we've moved on. By singing him some new songs....kind of a variation on the wanker theme....

"Seven years
And you're still a twat
Seven years
And you're still a twat" etc

Can anyone come up with something creative to reflect his less than stellar career spent at the bottom of the second and third Divisions perhaps?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Where is that report from?

We had a clear-cut penalty (Maskell tripped, if I recall) in front of the North Stand at the end of the first half. Ref didn't give it.

"Atmosphere: Fair 6/10" WTF!?!

BTW, I miss McDonald and Storer on the wings. :(

Jason Speaks

Feb 4, 2004
Portslade
The only part I don't remember was Baird having a goal dissallowed. Just have a picture in my head of Nicky Rust Sitting on his arse as the ball slowly rolled into the bottom corner for their 4th

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Surely you are taking the michael with that question????

Or do you really not know???

I was taking the piss. Although I must admit. I does seem a bit over the top the reaction he gets. Loads of players have wound us up in the past. For some reason Scott McGleish is singled out.

Don't panic, I'll be calling him a wanker too!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here