Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Scott McGleish is a legend"

Sep 20, 2005
I remember the incident well. Gave a sign indicating we were going down then fired imaginary pistols, right under our noses in the North Stand. Don't recall any V signs or spitting at all. It was a highly charged moment and he is well remembered for that unnecessary contribution which was clearly meant to rile us. I never liked Chris Kiwomya much either for similar reasons, nasty wind-up merchants.

He scored twice that day, didn't he? And his partner-in-nastiness, Carl Fletcher (?) did the same. My memory tells me he was warned by the ref after the first time, but did it again anyway, this time running behind the North Stand goal, hence his status as one of the unloved.
Without a shadow of a doubt, the very, VERY best match I have ever attended. Sendings-off, near-riots, penalties, pitch invasions, Ray Wilkins kicking that 'fan' of ours, late kick-off for crowd congestion, last-minute equaliser for us via a very dodgy penalty and more drama than I have ever experienced at a football ground. Ever.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
He scored twice that day, didn't he? And his partner-in-nastiness, Carl Fletcher (?) did the same. My memory tells me he was warned by the ref after the first time, but did it again anyway, this time running behind the North Stand goal, hence his status as one of the unloved.
Without a shadow of a doubt, the very, VERY best match I have ever attended. Sendings-off, near-riots, penalties, pitch invasions, Ray Wilkins kicking that 'fan' of ours, late kick-off for crowd congestion, last-minute equaliser for us via a very dodgy penalty and more drama than I have ever experienced at a football ground. Ever.

Carl Griffiths

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
and all of it in the second half. Can't believe I will ever attend a better match.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Brighton 4 (2) - 4(0) Leyton Orient
Maskell 5 Griffiths 47
Maskell 7 Inglethorpe 50
Baird 74 Griffiths 57
McDonald 85(p) McGleish 75

At Goldstone Ground on 08-03-1997

Brighton: Rust ,Humphrey (Johnson ,77 ) ,Tuck ,Reinelt ,Allan ,Hobson ,Storer ,Peake ,Baird ,Maskell ,McDonald
Subs not used: Fox,Mayo,

Leyton Orient: Weaver ,Channing ,Naylor ,Chapman ,Warren (sent off 84),Wilkins ,Hodges ,Griffiths (McCarthy ,89 ) ,Inglethorpe ,McGleish ,Baker (,)

Bookings: None

Attendance: 9298

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
Forget the year, but after beating Barnet at Underhill, as we were leaving the terrace, Barnet were sent to do a few laps around the pitch. So, we stayed a bit longer, and gave McGleish a little sing song. And as they left the pitch he turned around and replied with his finger- which was quite funny.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
and the V signs, think I remember him even trying to spit into the crowd.

It is the game where our fans ran on the pitch, someone attacked Ray Wilkins and Barry Hearn tried to get us thrown out of the league.

We drew 4-4 and Maskells penalty took about 20 minutes to be taken.

The best game at the Goldstone EVER*

*for me anyway

I remember Ray Wilkins stuck his leg out as to protect himself/ kick the bloke, the bloke just stopped grabbed his leg, and put Wilkins on his arse - Then those who ran on the pitch got a kicking from the albion fans and handed over to the stewards.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Hasn't he scored against us since then as well (Northampton?) and again gave it the large one.

He's a wanker with a capitalCUNT by the way

I didn't think he scored for them.

When he plays in Brighton he stays n the team hotel.

Also, Coxy from Brightonfans.com has a great story about Scott McGleish at an away game.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
I didn't think he scored for them.

When he plays in Brighton he stays n the team hotel.

Also, Coxy from Brightonfans.com has a great story about Scott McGleish at an away game.

need to hear the story again.
Anyway, was at the game and remember his shootign down gesture clearly - UTTER UTTER WANKER

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Does anyone know if McGleish will be playing for Northampton on Saturday?

As he was in their starting line up at the weekend, however, I think his loan is ending soon.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not going to oppose the "scott mcgleish is a wanker" lobby here.

Must be close to unanimous, lock thread and move to Gold.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It is the game where our fans ran on the pitch, someone attacked Ray Wilkins and Barry Hearn tried to get us thrown out of the league.

I think I remember that game, I was stood by that idiot, and he was abusing... I wanna say nicky rust... in goal, and he just kept on and on, and eventually lots of people were telling him to shut up and support the team, he had a bit of a scuffle with another fan, and he ran on to attack the ref, but Ray wilkins intervened.

Great game.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The guy is a complete and utter ARSE.

Ok, maybe all those years ago he was young, stupid and immature, but in the intervening years, he has never offered an olive branch, never appologised for his disgusting behaviour back then.

He was a complete COCK back then, and hasn't changed IMHO.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The guy is a complete and utter ARSE.

Ok, maybe all those years ago he was young, stupid and immature, but in the intervening years, he has never offered an olive branch, never appologised for his disgusting behaviour back then.

He was a complete COCK back then, and hasn't changed IMHO.

Nothing more to add to that. QUALLA post.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He has made a goal for N'hampton against us since, from a throw-in after Adam Hinshelwood carelessly stood to admire his big hoof into the stand, and the ball-boy replaced that while AH was still patting himself on the back.

WRONG!!!!!!! The ballboy played no part, were you there?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I think I remember that game, I was stood by that idiot, and he was abusing... I wanna say nicky rust... in goal, and he just kept on and on, and eventually lots of people were telling him to shut up and support the team, he had a bit of a scuffle with another fan, and he ran on to attack the ref, but Ray wilkins intervened.

Great game.

Yup, it was nicky rust, remember him sitting cross-legged with his head in his hands when they got their third. What a game, wish there was a DVD.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Ray Wilkins didnt kick that bloke, he stuck his leg out when he ran past him.

I also recall Ray Wilkins' post match comments were conciliatory as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here