Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Scott McGleish is a legend"

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
So says a Leeds supporting colleague of mine, who's sister works with his mother. Apparently she (the sister) asked for one autograph, and young Scott went and knocked on the dressing room door, and got the entire team to sign a programme.

"What a legend, top bloke" is apparently the verdict.

Anyone like to comment on Mr McGleish?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Leg-end

Presumably she mis-heard and meant bell-end?

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
No he's definitely a wanker. I've never heard the song go "Scott McLeish is a legend".

Sir Sarcy

Hip-Hopopotamus
Jul 10, 2003
The Field
He is one of those players that you think yes, he is a wanker but if he had pulled on the blue and white in his prime ohhhhh.........

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Didn't he gives us the going down gesture when Leyton Orient went 4-3 up against us in the 97 season?

and the V signs, think I remember him even trying to spit into the crowd.

It is the game where our fans ran on the pitch, someone attacked Ray Wilkins and Barry Hearn tried to get us thrown out of the league.

We drew 4-4 and Maskells penalty took about 20 minutes to be taken.

The best game at the Goldstone EVER*

*for me anyway

gong

Oct 13, 2003
T/Wells
Scot McGleish, he's a WANKER, he's a WANKER.

I never forget, the bastard should never be called a legend and if he'd wore the stripes after that Goldstone pistol firing incident i'd have shot him myself.:censored:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I was at that game... The pen was taken by Paul McDonald... Eventually.

Great game and best, retrospectively at least, example of a fan attacking a footballer I've ever seen.

That was around my Birthday, and my Dad took me all the way down from Newcastle by train... Yep it remains the best game I've ever seen.

Very emotive... beautiful really.

Like me, don't you agree?

Kosh xx

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
and the V signs, think I remember him even trying to spit into the crowd.

It is the game where our fans ran on the pitch, someone attacked Ray Wilkins and Barry Hearn tried to get us thrown out of the league.

We drew 4-4 and Maskells penalty took about 20 minutes to be taken.

The best game at the Goldstone EVER*

*for me anyway

I remember the incident well. Gave a sign indicating we were going down then fired imaginary pistols, right under our noses in the North Stand. Don't recall any V signs or spitting at all. It was a highly charged moment and he is well remembered for that unnecessary contribution which was clearly meant to rile us. I never liked Chris Kiwomya much either for similar reasons, nasty wind-up merchants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here