Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scotland Slump - Not funny anymore

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Uncle Buck said:
Hang on, I have some bits and bobs left over from waiting for Morris to appear last night for his rant, should be enough cold pizza to go round....
Crikey, no time for that. D T has already come STEAMING in :lolol:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Juan Albion said:
Funniest thing in that list is that a tinpot do-nothing boring-to-watch foreign-coached-cos-their-own-arn't-good-enough team like England can be 7th in the world!

Mainly as the rankings are a bit poo, it is based mostly on competitive wins and England have got a bit good at that in the last few years and through those wins they qualify for tournaments and then get to the knock out stages, where they lose on penalties, then the Sweaties take the piss and then get the hump when we return the favour when we discover that Congo are better than them.

In seriousness, it shows how iffy those rankings are, that the USA are so high up them. But that is because they do well in the qualifiers and win things like the Gold Cup.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
For those with an intellect that is lower than that of a boiled potato I shall explain simply. regardless of the quality of the Scottish league the point is that we have a league that players who play for Scotland play in.

Please spare me that bilge about Eircom sides etc..........the point is that no Welsh or Irish players play in their home leagues and probably never ahve done since the age of six.

Everyone knows the Irish play and live in england and as for the Welsh, well..........

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Republic of Ireland have no money and no infrastructure either - we rent a 30,000 seater stadium, you rent an 80,000 seater stadium... FAI are broke, always have been.

We're still 53 places ahead of you with a much, much smaller country and a team who were virtually all born here...

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Oh, and explain Glen Crowe to me then. Or that other lad Kerr plays a lot who's name escapes me, but who plays in the Eircom League

As I said, update your stereotypes before deploying them.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Digweeds Trousers said:
the point is that no Welsh or Irish players play in their home leagues and probably never ahve done since the age of six.

You are making the common mistake that the 'League' is specifically English. It is not. That is why it is comprised of teams from England AND Wales.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Digweeds Trousers said:
For those with an intellect that is lower than that of a boiled potato I shall explain simply. regardless of the quality of the Scottish league the point is that we have a league that players who play for Scotland play in.

Please spare me that bilge about Eircom sides etc..........the point is that no Welsh or Irish players play in their home leagues and probably never ahve done since the age of six.

Everyone knows the Irish play and live in england and as for the Welsh, well..........

With the exception of the likes of England, Spain, Italy and Germany - and countries like Greece and Turkey - the majority of players from most European national teams play abroad.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
So you have two players that played in the Eircom when representing their country. That is a headline in itself. Love the Irish do not think for a minute that this an anti Irish or Welsh rant. Just wish that you did not take the short-cut and then point fingers at us.

Invest money in your own league set-up, have live football on Sky rather than English/scottish football on Setanta and then come laughing at us. you would be in exactly the same position as us. Tin pot country in the shdow of one of the most powerful Leagues in the world with not a pot to piss in.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Digweeds Trousers said:

Only the VILLAGE players still play in Scotland. If they are half decent they go to England (Mcfadden, Ferguson) etc etc.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Village players. What on earth is that supposed to mean. Is that the first thing that came into your head or did aunti write it down for you. For Christs sake some people are unbelievable.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Digweeds Trousers said:
So you have two players that played in the Eircom when representing their country. That is a headline in itself. Love the Irish do not think for a minute that this an anti Irish or Welsh rant. Just wish that you did not take the short-cut and then point fingers at us.

Invest money in your own league set-up, have live football on Sky rather than English/scottish football on Setanta and then come laughing at us. you would be in exactly the same position as us. Tin pot country in the shdow of one of the most powerful Leagues in the world with not a pot to piss in.

Trying to avoid the point.

The point is Scotland are shit.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
2 of our main squad play in the Eircom, 6 of the U-21's do

Thats a f*** load more than the none you claimed.

Scotland just suck internationally. Your team is shit and you need terrible excuses like "at least some more of our players play at home". Thats the weakest one I've ever heard

And blaming the stadium - Hampden is a palace compared to Lansdowne

Just face it, Scotland suck. Excuses won't fix it.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Hah, just wait mate. These things come in cycles. Give it 5-10 years and we'll be doing well again and you will be down amongst the shite. Not that I wish it on you, just a fact.

More and more youth players are coming to England at an early age and this will be the decline of the other home nations. Please do not make the excuse of thinking that everything is rosy in your garden.

In 10 years time England will eb so far ahead of the rest of us that we may as well pack up and go home.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Cycles? So when was our drop off? Since '88 we've been consistantly inconsistent - good but with unexplainable bad patches

Thats 16 years....

Also, as Eircom pump more and more cash into the league here, clubs can hold onto their youth talent for a lot longer, as Bohemians do generally.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Digweeds Trousers said:
Village players. What on earth is that supposed to mean. Is that the first thing that came into your head or did aunti write it down for you. For Christs sake some people are unbelievable.

Village. Euphemism for Rubbish, toilet, Shit, Woeful - Take your pick from the adjectives. Point being, The Scottish league is so bad any half decent player will leave it.

P.S Is that how you spell aunti in Jockland?

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Stop coming up with all these facts. If you are basing your point of view on facts then it is ruining my argument and making me even more angry. I have just told one of my team to f*** off and shut - up.

This is going to be the end of me.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
You mean you want me to stop actually beating you in an agument? You want me to stop providing facts to disprove your assumptions?

How does "NO" sound.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Why don't you apply for an English passport?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here