Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

School

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Not sure he had a younger brother, the elder one was at somewhere like KES Whitely.

When you were there were Gibbs and Fields third form dorms still joined by that rather ineffective fire door or had they finally replaced it with one that could not be accessed without it showing?

Ben Folkes? I may be thinking of someone else.

The door was still accessible. A guy in our house found a bunch of keys left behind in the dining hall and one of the twenty matched the lock, one also worked on an entrance to the underground passageways that ran under the entire school. We had some rather enjoyable dorm raids until Mr Doidge caught us at it once. He could be quite fiercesome for a man of his stature.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Ben Folkes? I may be thinking of someone else.

The door was still accessible. A guy in our house found a bunch of keys left behind in the dining hall and one of the twenty matched the lock, one also worked on an entrance to the underground passageways that ran under the entire school. We had some rather enjoyable dorm raids until Mr Doidge caught us at it once. He could be quite fiercesome for a man of his stature.

His brother was Charles, so must be a different family.

I remember the Fields Dorm getting a good soaking thanks to those handy fire extinguishers.

You did not want to get on Cyril's bad side. One of those people that could give you a bollocking without ever raising his voice.

However his end of year house dinners used to be good. They use to head over to France, clear out a small vineyard, purchase cheese, bring it back and let the members of the house polish it all off.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I was quiet and well behaved but ended my days by having a big row with a vindictive teacher. Several years later I bumped into this muppet along with a group of his Sixth Form sycophants in a pub. Long story short I ended up roundly abusing the bloke in front of them, thoroughly embarrassing him and pouring a pint of beer over his head.

What's that about revenge being a dish best served cold ?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I was half way in between a geek and f*** up. Did all my work and was in top sets but the hard and popular kids liked me because I had a big mouth and took the piss out of everyone. Would pretty much say anything and had a massive threshold for abuse thrown at me.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I didnt mind School, I enjoyed it more because of the Sport and was in pretty much every team.

Only got into big trouble once when I put a kiddie in A&E with a broken jaw.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I didnt mind School, I enjoyed it more because of the Sport and was in pretty much every team.

Only got into big trouble once when I put a kiddie in A&E with a broken jaw.

I think you will find that is lockjaw. You are surprisingly well hung.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I was half way in between a geek and f*** up. Did all my work and was in top sets but the hard and popular kids liked me because I had a big mouth and took the piss out of everyone. Would pretty much say anything and had a massive threshold for abuse thrown at me.

Prepared you well for NSC then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here