Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

School Rucks

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
¤Dã?n¥ §êãGüLL¤ said:
We (Longhill) used to have some classic rucks with Tideway, Stanley Deason and Falmer.

I remember it all kicking off when us and Varndean Year 7's clashed at Bognor Butlins South CoastWorld on a Summer trip 1995 :lolol:

Must have been terrifying. Varndean with their reuptation and all that!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I went to school, amongst many many others, in Melksham in Wiltshire and the Latin Teacher used to throw chalk at people who were talking and if you persisted, he would throw blackboard rubbers - they really really hurt!

the worst one was an Afrikaans teacher in South Africa who, even though he knew we were going home, set me the task of learning 5 afrikaans words a night. If I failed to recite or spell them correctly in the morning, he would hit me accross the hand with a ruler with the metal strip on one edge.

After a week of this and bloody hands, my mum called the police and he was arrested. Turned out his ancesters had been put in a concentration camp in Bloemfontaine by the British and he hated us brits.

Horrible bastard he was:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I had a priest who threw a wooden blackboard duster at me. Hit me right on the forehead. I was covered in chalkdust with two little tears falling down my cheeks.

His name who I also haven't forgotten was Father Quinn-Morris

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Has anybody got memories of school sports days at dear old Withdean?

In those days it was something grand to be at a 'real stadium' and I remember the old stand behind what is now the east goal and the footie style chants and rucks between various schools, especially Stanmer & Westlain.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Freddie Goodwin. said:

In those days it was something grand to be at a 'real stadium' and I remember the old stand behind what is now the east goal and the footie style chants and rucks between various schools, especially Stanmer & Westlain.

I remember racing there several times. One year our star sprinter got the shit kicked out of him by some Fawcett boys.

I went to Varndean and we were pussy cats. Stringer had it in for us though. I remember that our cross-country route took us past Stringer and it was like running a gauntlet.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Freddie Goodwin. said:

I did go to one sports day at withdean, 1970 i think it was, I was at Fawcett then

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
...oh the days..

I was at Fawcett '81-'86 and recall us being done by Falmer but owning Stringer..Varndean never entered the fray, bloody swots..

Got the cane twice (three times each time) Once for carrying air-rifles and black widow catapults..
The English teacher used to stand on a chair, and jump off while swinging the cane down to get more power...! :angry:

In my last year's summer break, i read in the Argus that he'd committed suicide by driving over beachy head, and transpired he'd being teaching us wrong syllabus for past 2 years - all got downgraded to CSE..

:dunce: :censored:

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Only ruck I remember is slamming Nicky Facer's head down onto the desk after a nasty verbal spat! One bloody nose later, she didn't argue with me again - but it was totally out of character for me, I was a reader not a fighter!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Mrs Coach said:
Only ruck I remember is slamming Nicky Facer's head down onto the desk after a nasty verbal spat! One bloody nose later, she didn't argue with me again - but it was totally out of character for me, I was a reader not a fighter!

Blimey. You Thug

Ban Her

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here