Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

School closures

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If you have kids who go to Mile Oak School, its been shut tomorrow due to "health and safety concerns" as the playground and pavements around are still snowbound.

REDICULOUS decision from Brighton and Hove Unitarty Authority as they are shit scared some little darling will fall over and the parents will sue the arse off the council.

This is the letigious society coming back to bite people on the arse!

I feel sorry for the parents who are expected to work, but their kids are at home, therefore they will have to try and arrange child minders.#

BTW anyone read the front of the Sunday Telegraph where councils are advised NOT to grit as if they do and someone falls over they are legally liable!!!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Is it true that the first lesson they will have on Tuesday is to learn how to spell 'ridiculous'?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is it true that the first lesson they will have on Tuesday is to learn how to spell 'ridiculous'?

do you know...i think you may be right. I must learn to PreSs het RiGh=t Buutoooonsssssssssssssssssssssss

But there again I havent had your education....how do you spell it then?

I am REALLY interested Keiron

Enlighten me

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Seems other schools are all opening later on and some still not at all, still not doubt when kids get lower grades they can also take their local education authority to court for not providing the services on certain days.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Well done to Mile Oak School for letting the kids stay at home and enjoy the snow. :thumbsup:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
My wifes school is open tomorrow even though the surrounding roads and pavements are still veritable ice rinks. However all of her staff can make it in.

What she and the Head of Governors have agreed is to have a message on the school anwering machine explaining that:

1. The school will be open (i.e. the Teachers and TA's etc. will be there)
2. Access is posssible but difficult
3. It is up to the parents whether or not they wish to take/send their children to school
4. If they don't want to send the child it will not treated as an unauthorised absence

Essentially puts the ball back in the parents court - why can't this be done at everywhere?

Sajerz

Feb 6, 2008
Leamington
Portslade Community College sent out a text to parents asking for them to help clear the snow because the teachers refused.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Closures so far......

Battle and Langton C of E Primary
Bevendean Primary closed this morning but will open for years Reception,1 & 2 at 1.10; years 3-6 at 1.25
(afternoon nursery session as usual)
Cardinal Newman, Hove - closed except for exams
Chailey Heritage Nursery
Chailey Secondary, open to years 10 and 11 ONLY
Court Meadow School, Cuckfield
Dallington Church of England Primary School
Davison High Schools for Girls in Worthing will open ONLY for staff and year 11 from 10.45
Etchingham Church of England Primary
Falmer High School open ONLY to staff and year 11
Grovelands Community School
Helenswood Lower School closed - Upper School is open
Hillcrest School - open to years 10 & 11 ONLY
Hillside School - opening at 10
Hollycombe Primary, West Sussex
Jeanne Saunders Centre, Hove
Kingsley Primary, Horsham
Mayfield Church of England Primary
Mile Oak School Primary, Portslade
Newick House School, Burgess Hill only open between 10 and 2.45
Newlands School and Nursery, Seaford
Oakwood School
Oak Grove College Worthing (but staff should try to get in)
Patcham High School closed except for year 11 students who should be in between 10 & 2
Portslade Community College, main site closed but Sixth Form site open for exams
Queen Elizabeth 2nd Special School, Horsham
Rydon College closed but will look after pupils who's parents need assistance
Sedlescombe C of E Primary
Sheepsetting Pre School, Heathfield
Silverdale Primary School, St Leonards on Sea - due to heating problems
St Joseph's Brighton
Sussex Coast College - Statin Plaza and London Road Open as Usual; Archery Road open at noon
Sussex Downs College - open for examination students but closed to all others
Steyning Grammar School; Church Street Site CLOSED, Shooting Field OPEN
Uckfied Community College - open to year's 11,12,13 only
Warden Park, Cuckfield closed to year 10 - open to all others

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Anything for a day off, when will teachers realise there is big wide world out there - no wonder our kids are failing if they are being taught by a load of buffoons.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Anything for a day off, when will teachers realise there is big wide world out there - no wonder our kids are failing if they are being taught by a load of buffoons.

Idiot. If you have been reading ANY of the threads over the last 5 days then you will realise that teachers do NOT want the day off. All it means is that we have to cram more in when we get back, set more work and mark twice as much. I have found this whole situation incredibly annoying and frustrating.

Do you really believe that it is the teachers that decide to close the school for the day?

If your work place decided to shut tomorrow then can I assume that you are lazy?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Portslade Community College sent out a text to parents asking for them to help clear the snow because the teachers refused.

Two schools around here have emailed parents requesting help in clearing snow today from car parks and footpaths so that schools could open tomorrow.

Small army of parents outside two schools I drove past today.

Schools are therefore open.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Idiot. If you have been reading ANY of the threads over the last 5 days then you will realise that teachers do NOT want the day off. All it means is that we have to cram more in when we get back, set more work and mark twice as much. I have found this whole situation incredibly annoying and frustrating.

Do you really believe that it is the teachers that decide to close the school for the day?

If your work place decided to shut tomorrow then can I assume that you are lazy?

Don't worry. He's probably a lawyer trying to shift the blame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here