Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SCC Fans

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Today I'm working in Totton (for those who don't know it's very near Southampton). Lots of SCC fans here all seem a bit miffed that we're spending money and they aren't. Nobody has referred to us as a small club either.

Yesterday I was in Leeds, they don't seem too happy either as they say they have no money to buy (odd I know). They do speak very highly of Gus and reckon that he'd have stayed and taken over from Wise they'd be in the Premier by now.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
cool-story-bro.jpg

superseagulls

Feb 2, 2009
I was speaking to a couple of SCC fans today and mentioned the oxocube chamberlain going to arsenal for 12 mill, I said I would bite their hands off for that sort of cash for a league 1 player.
They said they wouldnt and would rather keep him ! ARE THEY MENTAL OR WHAT?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I was speaking to a couple of SCC fans today and mentioned the oxocube chamberlain going to arsenal for 12 mill, I said I would bite their hands off for that sort of cash for a league 1 player.

They're SCC fans, asked and answered I think.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton

They lost Walcott, they lost Bale... they're probably fed up of losing their young starlets with no substantial gain from the money raised

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.

12 million my f***ing arse, they do talk bollocks down in Southampton don't they.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I was thinking about this the other day, i am somewhat surprised they haven't been a bit more active so far. Other than Jack Cork I haven't even heard them linked to anyone. They probably did have a more Championship-ready squad than us, even before Murray left/Bennett leaves, but considering they are surely going for much more than just consolidation next year I am surprised they haven't made any big signings.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Arsenal transfer news Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Southampton starlet will sign July 1st despite Manchester United Liverpool interest - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Arsenal win race for Oxlade-Chamberlain
Published 23:01 09/06/11 By Darren Lewis - EXCLUSIVE

Arsene Wenger has struck back in the battle for Britain’s best youngsters by landing £12million Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

The highly-rated Southampton winger, who doesn't turn 18 until August, has jetted off on holiday in the knowledge that he will be confirmed as an Arsenal player on July 1.

The deal for the Southampton academy graduate - seen as the new Theo Walcott, also a former Saint - is understood to be based on achievements and appearances.

Why. What has he done wrong?

GBH I believe.

Bit of GBH outside a nightclub, I think.

Bugger, you beat me to it!

More of less, I think he's actually been charged with ABH.
BBC News - Southampton footballer Lee Barnard held over assault
The above is the original report from last October. His Essex (Basildon) mates pleaded guilty and were dealt with in the Magistrates Court earlier this year. Barnard delayed entering a plea and then opted for Crown Court which took the date out past the end of the football season. Latest this week is that his barrister has entered a formal plea of not guilty at a hearing requesting the trial be moved somewhere other than Southampton Crown Court as he "might not get a fair trial". Winchester CC's out 'cos it's too busy, Lewes would be amusing eh or even Guildford - that'd be handy for me? Barnard didn't show at this week's hearing as was stranded in Barcelona by Easyjet and an electric storm (supposedly).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here