Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SCC Fans

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
More of less, I think he's actually been charged with ABH.
BBC News - Southampton footballer Lee Barnard held over assault
The above is the original report from last October. His Essex (Basildon) mates pleaded guilty and were dealt with in the Magistrates Court earlier this year. Barnard delayed entering a plea and then opted for Crown Court which took the date out past the end of the football season. Latest this week is that his barrister has entered a formal plea of not guilty at a hearing requesting the trial be moved somewhere other than Southampton Crown Court as he "might not get a fair trial". Winchester CC's out 'cos it's too busy, Lewes would be amusing eh or even Guildford - that'd be handy for me? Barnard didn't show at this week's hearing as was stranded in Barcelona by Easyjet and an electric storm (supposedly).

Easyjet? f***ing cheapskate.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I was thinking about this the other day, i am somewhat surprised they haven't been a bit more active so far. Other than Jack Cork I haven't even heard them linked to anyone. They probably did have a more Championship-ready squad than us, even before Murray left/Bennett leaves, but considering they are surely going for much more than just consolidation next year I am surprised they haven't made any big signings.

I'm sure its been announced publicly on BBC South and the (Fred Dineage Pompey channel) that since the unfortunate death of Southampton's owner, his family are not keen to throw any more money at them. Expect more departures than arrivals !

Manuel

Feb 4, 2011
In the lounge
I'm sure its been announced publicly on BBC South and the (Fred Dineage Pompey channel) that since the unfortunate death of Southampton's owner, his family are not keen to throw any more money at them. Expect more departures than arrivals !

Well they have given Lallana a new improved 4 year contract,signed a 16 year old kid from Plymouth for 100k,spending millions on the training ground and are driving a hard bargain over Chamberlain so I think your information is wrong.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Many clubs in the Championship are spending more money than they earn. From this new season onwards they will have to follow EUFA Financial Fair Play guidelines which limits them to a percentage of total revenue being paid out as wages.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Well they have given Lallana a new improved 4 year contract,signed a 16 year old kid from Plymouth for 100k,spending millions on the training ground and are driving a hard bargain over Chamberlain so I think your information is wrong.

and pole position for Jack Cork

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest

Not true, Liebherr's daughter is currently the one shareholder and she is continuing with the plan. The family themselves arn't investing in the lub it is all being run by Cortese and using the account that Liebherr set up for the new business that is rumored to have between £100-£150,000,000 in. Which cortese no doubt will have used his banking background to increase somewhat.

Also this UEFA fair play thing, isn't really 'fair' is it? Next season I exepct our average gate will be around 26,000 which is considerably more than say Burnley who get 15,000. This coupled with our increased ticket prices will surely mean that we are in pole position?

Also heard we're in for a few players, the reason we havn't signed anyone yet is Adkins is off catching some Rays and Nicola is still in Cyprus I believe. Expect movement on our front in 10 days time.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Not true, Liebherr's daughter is currently the one shareholder and she is continuing with the plan. The family themselves arn't investing in the lub it is all being run by Cortese and using the account that Liebherr set up for the new business that is rumored to have between £100-£150,000,000 in. Which cortese no doubt will have used his banking background to increase somewhat.

Also this UEFA fair play thing, isn't really 'fair' is it? Next season I exepct our average gate will be around 26,000 which is considerably more than say Burnley who get 15,000. This coupled with our increased ticket prices will surely mean that we are in pole position?

Also heard we're in for a few players, the reason we havn't signed anyone yet is Adkins is off catching some Rays and Nicola is still in Cyprus I believe. Expect movement on our front in 10 days time.

dont+care.jpg

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If they're giving you any grief then don't forget to remind them about Barnard's next appearance, and hopefully final one anywhere for a while, in court on 7th July.
Sod it - say it anyway.

Don't worry I did, I also said there was a rumour we were after Lambert.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

so they've basically spent 100k on a forward so far. hardly setting the league on fire is it!

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
They don't really need to spend much money though do they? They have a great squad and they haven't lost their two best players.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Was on a train to Bournemouth on the last day of the season and it was packed with Saints fans. They really, really hate Gus Poyet... Which annoyed me because it was Adkins leading the war of words.

They will do well though. A big club, big stadium, big backers. I just wish they were a little more likeable. I've never been able to 'talk football' with a Saint, far too interested in themselves.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If Chamberlain is sold for the reported £12 million, then we have literally given Elliott away for nothing! I think a good season in the Championship and Elliott would have been worth at least £4 million +

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here