Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scary times ahead...

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Ecuador threatening hostile action against the UK if we storm their embassy...

The Syrian conflict spilling over to Lebanon and Turkey...

Israel and Iran sabre rattling...

Russia declaring that if the west interfere in Syria then they will come to their Allies aid...

China threatening it's neighbouring countries over what it considers to be their borders in the South China Sea...

Is this as close as we've been since the 80's to WW3?

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
All we can do is try not to get involved, I suppose..

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
I can't see Ecuador being a threat. What are they going to do? Embargo sales of Panama Hats???!!!

Israel and Iran are always at that - it's nothing new in 40 years.

Russia aren't as powerful as they were before the USSR broke up.

Syria and Lebanon have been going at it for years too.

Truth is, very few countries actually have the money to go to war at the moment, there may be a lot of big talk, but I can't see anything apocalyptic happening any time soon. The only country that worries me in any great amount is North Korea, because they go at international diplomacy like a Bond Villain.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
and you can add ......

B&HA have started the season, in the words of their manager, needing to learn some lessons!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Can you imagine if the third world war was kicked off by Ecuador?

First as tragedy then as farce I guess.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Equador? You'll excuse me if I don't start shaking in my boots.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Difficult to know who to support. They have a fast food chain called 'Gus'.
Nothing against Ecuador but it's not exactly the centre of the geopolitical world. I wonder what a war betweem 'them' and 'us' would look like?

Not that any of this is any reason to be raiding their embassy for anyone, of course.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Manchester-United-Antonio-Valencia+cropped.jpg

Sleeper cell?

cyrilthesinik

Oct 15, 2011
Ecuador threatening hostile action against the UK if we storm their embassy...

The Syrian conflict spilling over to Lebanon and Turkey...

Israel and Iran sabre rattling...

Russia declaring that if the west interfere in Syria then they will come to their Allies aid...

China threatening it's neighbouring countries over what it considers to be their borders in the South China Sea...

Is this as close as we've been since the 80's to WW3?

Oh happy days...:)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Thats exactly what americans were saying about Vietnam.

The Americans actually won every battle they were involved in and had a 20:1 kill ratio at least but that's not the point.

We're not threatening to invade them they appear to be thteatening us. I doubt we'll be putting up sea defences anytime soon.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Nothing against Ecuador but it's not exactly the centre of the geopolitical world. I wonder what a war betweem 'them' and 'us' would look like?

Not that any of this is any reason to be raiding their embassy for anyone, of course.

A press conference, some trash talking, and a couple of rounds in the ring.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
China and Russia will not do anything to jeopardise their Western markets, believe me.

Israel would and could deal with Iran in a metaphorical minute, their air power could destroy Iran's military infrastructure without committing troops on the ground.

Eastern Turkey has been a battleground for generations... the western military presence there alone would stop that escalating beyond border skirmishes.

Ecuador????... :p:p:p:p

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
What the f**k we are doing supporting the terrorist opposition of Syria by giving them £5m is beyond belief. It's almost as the West wants the Middle East to become an Al-Quaeda lead super-state.

America's and the UK's role in the world is an to fight an epic battle, the forces of good against the forces of evil.

Once the Red Menace was gone after the Cold War, a new existential threat was required. Having armed, funded and trained an army of militants in the Middle East to fight against Soviet expansion, the "Freedom Fighters" armed by the West would be built up as an "Evil Enemy" (much like the Soviet threat was) in order to continue the "Necessary Illusion" of an epic battle between good and evil, required to control society.

These "Forces of Evil", all but destroyed by the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, will no doubt be needed again soon.

It's very sad.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here