Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scariest film

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Is that the one where the woman came up from the bottom of the bed.

Yes, Yes it is.

In fact that was the bit that literally had me f*cking climbing over the back of the chair.

*shudder*

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
The blood 'n guts slasher stuff doesn't scare me in the slightest, it's always the psychological stuff that's scary. Therefore, The Shining gets my vote. I was also pretty scared by the Exorcist when I saw it, and there's one moment only in Exorcist 3 (an otherwise piss-poor effort) during a quiet hospital at night, that gives me the shivers.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
and there's one moment only in Exorcist 3 (an otherwise piss-poor effort) during a quiet hospital at night, that gives me the shivers.

When the figure in the bandages rushes across the corridor to kill the nurse??

eek!

For me, it was Aliens.

Not seeing the dirty foreign bastard for most of the flick, 'cept a glimpse of retractable salivating metallic teeth, and I was on the edge of my seat all the way through.
Gothic stuff, lots of metal corridors and dark places, and a shiny black demonic creature that wants to eat people. I'm still shuddering to think about it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Aliens is the best horror/ sci fi film ever made. It is a superlative piece of film making and the directors cut is the definative one to watch

There was a bad, dull b-film called 'The Shuttered Room', starring Oliver Reed, where a ghostly image runs down the stair at someone, and runs right through them while speaking "Rosannaaaaa" in a loud whispered voice. It was very scary for that one moment, while the rest of the film was like nothing happening.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Don't do scary films. However, years ago on night guard duty in the RAF, we were all sat watching Carrie. I'd seen it and knew what happened at the end. Just as Carries mothers hand shot out from the grave to grab her, with perfect timing, I grabbed he bloke sat next me on the leg. Talk about shitting himself! We had to peel him off the ceiling.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Prof P

Sep 22, 2004
The Hammer films on TV in the late 70's used to give me the willies something rotten. Were they actually any good or was it just that I was 8 years old and scared of anything that wasn't Play Away?

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
nightmare on elm street films, saw thew first bit of thew first one and that's too much for me.
Worst thing was a few weeks ago, cats fighting outside at about 1 am, I went outside to sotop them and just had the Freddie rhyme going through my head just as one of the buggers jumped out infront of me - real brown trousers time!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Silent Scream Hammer programme was pretty decent

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The Woman In Black scared the crap out of me at school

and whilst it might seem a bit weird, Hannibal had parts in it that freak me out. The look on Gary Oldman's face as he's about to be eaten alive by the pig gave me nightmares for weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here