Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scarborough FC

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Worthing will be happy

Not according to the latest update. The Unibond league have said they will operate will 23 teams rather than 24. This means Worthing are still relegated to the Ryman Division One South.

Its is probably old news but the Worthing website confirms "Worthing have signed Brighton & Hove Albion duo Sonny Cobbs and Sam Gargan on loan for the 2007/2008 season."

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Anybody else remember us playing them in the FA Cup back in the Peter Ward era? We won 3-0 but their goalie played a blinder.

It is sad news but as has been pointed out no one from the rich end of football will give a toss, in fact they might even be celebrating. After all there's a load of fans with no club to follow now isn't there? So it's a chance to sell 'em some Chelsea, Man U, or Liverpool shirts and get them on the Premiership bandwaggon.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Anybody else remember us playing them in the FA Cup back in the Peter Ward era? We won 3-0 but their goalie played a blinder.

It is sad news but as has been pointed out no one from the rich end of football will give a toss, in fact they might even be celebrating. After all there's a load of fans with no club to follow now isn't there? So it's a chance to sell 'em some Chelsea, Man U, or Liverpool shirts and get them on the Premiership bandwaggon.

Warnock was thier manager and wnt into print stating that it was not a glamorous tie as we were the least attractive first divison team at that time. Mullery simply placed a copy of the article in the changing room. No motivational teamtalk required

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anyone ever met a Scarborough fan? I actually used to live in digs with one in my STEWDENT days. Oh well. :(

It does have to be said, they always did have shit support, even struggling to get 1,000 in their league days.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
had a great bank holiday weekend up their few years ago,brighton played shite,crapy stadium,and loads of pikeys outside watching from the hill,but we had a brill 2 days pissing it up.

liam82

Onwards and Upwards
Apr 8, 2007
Telscombe Cliffs
scarborough fc go BUST !

just read the link thru the BBC sport website, the club was wound-up and went out of business as of today.

bad news and sad for football.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I listen to radio 5 at work during the day, and there's always an half hourly news and sport round up. Machester City got mentioned every bulleting, only heard Scarbough mentioned once all day. Somes it all up really...

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
There's more about the sad goings on here: http://85.234.132.19/showthread.php?t=107012

This needs editing now as I look foolish for putting the link to this very thread in my post...
103.png

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
always liked scarborough for a day out

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
This contradicts something I read on another footy bulletin board, that they had been renamed Scarborough Athletic FC, todays' news does seem rather terminal. Sad for all those who follow the club, there is plenty of life in football outside the league, certainly more than the prawn sandwich brigade will ever understand. It just made me laugh when all those tosser Manure fans formed a new club because they objected to the Glaziers taking over...did it make any difference, yeah...the football Man Utd played last season was the best for years. Life outside the Premiership is getting harder and harder, for many it is a daily battle to survive...sad for Scarborough that the life support was turned off today.

Hopefully they can reform and, as someone above posted, do an Accrington Stanley.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Posted on the Scarborough FC website:

The Scarborough Football Club Limited has today (20/06/2007) been wound up at the High Court of Justice in Leeds.

This web site remains in private ownership, and as such will remain online. However, no further press releases will be issued via this site until such a time as a new club has been formed.

The site owner understands that discussions are ongoing between two interested parties - former Chairman Ian Scobbie and fans organisation The Seadog Trust. In the interests of remaining neutral, the decision has been taken not to allow any further statements from either party to be published on this site. Both parties are urged to discuss the best way forward for a football club in Scarborough, and ensure that only one application put forward to both the North Riding FA and Northern Counties East League.

R.I.P. Scarborough Football Club 1879-2007

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
This is sad too:

The rules of Scarborough FC Supporters Club state that, in the event the club is liquidated, the Supporters Club must also go out of existence. No doubt the committee will be meeting soon

http://www.seadogsfans.co.uk/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here