Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Say your goodbyes to free health care...

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Would you risk the countries defence, with China and Russia, North Korea etc, looking power-obsessed?
Not for me, protection is key to our existence.
In your world there would be little to defend, what about making the wealthy actually pay for their taxes and close down tax havens (I know Brexit was designed to avoid this). That should cover it!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
To be honest. Selling off the NHS means nothing to someone like Boris Johnson.

His early response to Covid-19 struck me as someone who saw this Virus as a means of "Culling" the elderly population in the country in Care Homes who were costing the country too much by being alive.

I was so interested in Politics most of my adult life but I went into despair that we could have voted him into Power. I have sort of lost interest.

I fear there is so much more heartache for this country to come.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
This statement seems pretty clear cut.

Trade Minister Greg Hands said: "The NHS remains protected and will never be on the table at any trade deal, and that includes the prices we pay for drugs."

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This statement seems pretty clear cut.

Trade Minister Greg Hands said: "The NHS remains protected and will never be on the table at any trade deal, and that includes the prices we pay for drugs."

Although that does kind of read like:-

'The NHS isn't protected and will be on the table at any trade deal, that includes the prices we pay for drugs'.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Although that does kind of read like:-

'The NHS isn't protected and will be on the table at any trade deal, that includes the prices we pay for drugs'.

I won't believe his statement until the deal is done. But it is more ammunition if it's another lie.
Like we need more evidence.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Can’t be true, Brexit was only meant to be positive and no one said this would happen. Sleep at ease tonight

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
His early response to Covid-19 struck me as someone who saw this Virus as a means of "Culling" the elderly population in the country in Care Homes who were costing the country too much by being alive.

It amazes me how batshit crazy some people can be. I get that some people don't like Johnson, but to suggest that he may have the insticts of a genocidal mass murderer...I think your political views may have affected your ability to think straight.

There are plenty of politicians who I absolutely cannot stand, but I am not so lacking in self awareness that I would cast them as evil and murderous simply because it would suit my politics. Sometimes people will have a different view from your own, that doesn't make them evil or murderous, it just makes them wrong...in your opinion.

Jesus.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
So they agreed a 3 year deal in 2018 giving them a rise this year but it's 'unacceptable' for them to honour that deal and wait until next year to negotiate a new deal after this current one expires. Well why bother with a deal in the first place then.

maybe in the light of the recent crisis it would be right for the government to review how poorly paid nurses are and rectify it in the same way football teams review and renegotiate players contracts.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Yank here.

Look, you took our model for paying for post-secondary education, and it worked a treat.
Do health care next. I dare you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

D

Deleted member 22389

It amazes me how batshit crazy some people can be. I get that some people don't like Johnson, but to suggest that he may have the insticts of a genocidal mass murderer...I think your political views may have affected your ability to think straight.

There are plenty of politicians who I absolutely cannot stand, but I am not so lacking in self awareness that I would cast them as evil and murderous simply because it would suit my politics. Sometimes people will have a different view from your own, that doesn't make them evil or murderous, it just makes them wrong...in your opinion.

Jesus.

Like yourself there are plenty of politicians I cannot stand, but I would never post things like that. It doesn't even enter my mind.

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South
Like yourself there are plenty of politicians I cannot stand, but I would never post things like that. It doesn't even enter my mind.

It got 3 likes as well, meaning people agreed with it. In the US when Trump won there were people saying he was going to put all gays in camps and deport all Muslims. He’s been the only president to ever be pro gay marriage at the start of his campaign and pre pandemic had the highest minority employment rate the country has ever seen, yet he and people who thought that was a good thing were racists and fascists. He’s ridiculous in a lot of ways but stuff said about him were above ridiculous.

The OP seems like a genuinely nice and thoughtful guy. Yet he then criticized this thread as too right wing when the only ridiculous comment was Boris Johnson wants all old people to die for financial reasons. If the OP doesn’t step back and realize he’s a partisan hack for thinking some of the left stuff was appropriate then all of his threads in the future are a waste of time.

With the amount of nuance actually needed in a discussion, discussing politics on a message board might be the most useless thing I can think of.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Jesus.

He Advocated " Herd Immunity " knowing right from the beginning that people with underlying health conditions were dying from the disease.

How are we to perceive such an action then ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He Advocated " Herd Immunity " knowing right from the beginning that people with underlying health conditions were dying from the disease.

How are we to perceive such an action then ?

Vallance and others on SAGE advocated that position. i dont care for Johnson, lets at least be accurate in our criticism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here