Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

say what you like about Pompey. . .

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The family stand was shocking considering they were all on a freebie.

Really? Well I and most of the other people around me pay over £400 each year to sit where we sit and we had a great little sing song today. We did all the old standards...give me a B, GOSBTS, Pompey chimes version of Albion...., the old school Albion, Albion, Albion....woooh you're shit aah...(without the the shit bit),Seagulls...

If you didn't hear that then meh....... We'll leave you to your steward baiting and booing us passing the ball around. The Family Stand right now is a great place to be watching the Albion play.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Just cos he didn't hear you, doesn't mean he was jeering the team. You just weren't very loud (yeah, i know, no roof and a long way from the pitch, but the away fans can sometimes be loud, and they're in west sussex!)

The first 20 minutes or so the ground was like a morgue.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
On another note we are not the only club who when at home don't really get behind the team. I live in Huddersfield and sometimes go to the galpharm and their fans at home aren't much better and that's in a decent stadium. Unless they get in front in the first ten minutes they all strat moaning at the team etc. I'm sure there are plenty of other clubs that are exactly the same.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've heard more from the family stand when it's been 1/3 full on a Tuesday night.

It's usually ok, and always louder than H block, despite the latter being only two blocks to my left. But yesterday it was rubbish. As I said, it's the fact it's Yeovil Town playing at Withdean Stadium - two ingredients that aren't going to make a good atmosphere at any time.

That is complete rubbish, I'm afraid. As a long time STH in the family stand I feel qualified to say that. For a start we are not louder than H Block - grown men shouting 2 blocks away will always be louder than children shouting a pitch and a half away. Secondly, a lot of the kids don't care who we play or what the score is when it comes to cheering. A refreshing lack of awareness IMO. Thirdly I can assure you we were making lots of noise. Lots more than your proverbial 1/3 full on a Tuesday night. The fact that you couldn't hear is undoubtedly due to acoustics, it tends to be at a higher pitch due to all the kiddies singing and you being so far away.

Dunno why it bothers you so much, to be honest. We're quite happy.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
The sad fact is that most people at withdean wait for the team to rouse them, rather than the other way round. Hopefully Falmer will be different, but i'm not banking on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here