Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

say what you like about Pompey. . .

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Trust me, my season ticket is in the South Stand and it always sounds quiet but from the North Stand it was really loud. And I barely heard the Yeovil fans all game.
I agree with this too. The South didn't sound bad at all from the Family stand.

their fans would never support their team as poorly as we did before the first goal today. Being outsung by 40 yeovil fans fifty yards from the pitch on our own ground, after last weeks win, and top of the league, was unforgiveable.
A fella in f block tried to get something going, but people just looked at him as if he was mad. And as for those cardboard cut-outs in the north stand . . .

God only knows what gus makes of it.

knob

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Pompey fans arent all that. They didnt sing at all in the big derby at SMS last season. Oh and they stink of shit and piss.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Oh, ok then, me and the people who came with me in the South today, and previous posters, are lying - the crowd really got behind the team before we scored today and showed their appreciation of the team and manager for what they've achieved this season, just like they did at Charlton last week. They didn't just sit quietly waiting for something to happen, I'm just imagining that.

I'll go and get my ears syringed on monday.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I doubt they were quiet that day, didn't they beat you 4-2? Or was it more than that?

An undeserved 4-1. They still hardly sang. It sounded on telly like they were singing play up pompey but really it was us singing pay up pompey.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
An undeserved 4-1. They still hardly sang. It sounded on telly like they were singing play up pompey but really it was us singing pay up pompey.

I'd keep quiet if I were you anyway, you're support's certainly never been rated. Spurs even nicked your song and sing it much better than you lot ever did.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What a load of bollocks. Sat in the north stand today for a change and you could hear the noise from the south stand booming around the ground.

The home fans gets such a bad rap on here and its so unfair. I can't abide it. Its the whole "if you don't go away you're not a proper fan". Well, sod off.

I'm a home fan, because I can't afford to be an away fan these days. But I go to every home game. I cheer, I shout, I berate the ref, I praise Gus and I applaud the way we play football.

We're not all sitting down quietly moaning about passing the ball around the back so please don't tar us all with your miserable brush.

Rant over.

Yep - you can hear it well in the North.

C was fairly loud second half actually.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I'd keep quiet if I were you anyway, you're support's certainly never been rated. Spurs even nicked your song and sing it much better than you lot ever did.

...hit the high notes better do they? It's our f***ing song and they cant think of their own one.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
No, they just sing it slower, and most of the ground join in. Not just one corner of one end. Agree, though, bit poor nicking your song.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
:
FFS : someone get an acoustic engineer URGENTLY , to explain what's going on at Withdean .

:laugh: That's funny Eric, but not as funny as some people on here thinking Withdean was loud today. Compared to what? Is there another team in england who'd be top of the league and not sing a single song/chant for the manager who'd got them there and transformed the way they play?

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
I'd love to say what I think about "Pompey" (incidentally why do people use that nauseating nickname for them?) but this is a family board. Suffice it to say they disgust me and I truly truly hope they cease to exist soon.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Sounds like they've survived for now. More lives that a cat, that lot.

And I guess they just use the nickname cos it's shorter, like Villa or Spurs. Not necessarily a sign of affection! Better than some recently invented nicknames anyway, like Sunderland - 'black cats', what's that all about? And as for Eagles . .wtf

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here