May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'd guess so.

Monday morning has been and gone...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I hope we don't get him and Mickey Adams instead simply plays our best midfield players in midfield.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
Crewe and Vale linked with Savage

Savage joined Derby from Blackburn in January 2008
Crewe Alexandra have turned down the opportunity to sign Derby midfielder Robbie Savage, who is available on loan, reports BBC Radio Stoke.

But Port Vale are believed to be interested in signing the Wales international and have contacted the Rams about a possible deal.

However, it is thought the Valiants are unable to afford to pay their part of the 33-year-old's £25,000-a-week wages.

Savage spent three years with Crewe before joining Leicester City in 1997.

interesting..

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I really cannot see him dropping down to League 2 to play for Port Vale. Surely we have to be a better option. Would be funny seeing Savage kicking lumps out of leeds!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I hope we don't sign him. Firstly, he's a complete tw*t, and secondly he's being kept out of the Derby team by a 19-year-old who can actually run. The years have caught up with an average player, let's look elsewhere.

Obviously feel free to revisit this post when we sign him and he goes on to spearhead a charge up the table with a series of dynamic midfield displays.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Barmby, Anderton, droped leagues and done well, why wouldn,t Savage?

They were much better players with some skill? Savage's game was always based on charging around. Now he can't.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If we are having to stump up £25k a week for his services, then that tousle-haired, dumb blonde narky welsh PONCE can piss right off.

However, if there is an arrangement to split his wages with Derby, then I would be delighted to see the hugely experienced, fiery, talented, gifted midfield MAESTRO adorning our team for a month or two.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If we are having to stump up £25k a week for his services, then that tousle-haired, dumb blonde narky welsh PONCE can piss right off.

However, if there is an arrangement to split his wages with Derby, then I would be delighted to see the hugely experienced, fiery, talented, gifted midfield MAESTRO adorning our team for a month or two.

Sums it up perfectly really.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

I doubt anyone would take him if they had to pay the whole £25k per week!

Socky

Sockmonster
Jun 24, 2008
Brighton
Surely a player of his experience can only be a good signing for us. I hope we get him but find it hard to believe we will. I would be more than happy if next Saturday our midfield was:-
Livermore/Thomson, Savage, Thornton, Anyinsah.
Any thoughts?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here