Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sausage Rolls

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
which ones are the best?

I love them FRESH ones innert, made with PUFF pastry that are CRISP and the pastry flakes all over your shirt when you bite into them

How do you prefer you meat in this great snack of champions???

I'm assuming that you have been to the butchers across the road from the office for their fresh sausage rolls - much better than any others available in Lewes.

Have to add another recommendation for the Brighton Sausage Co - their speciality ones such as the pork and sweet chilli, duck and orange, venison and red wine are mighty fine.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Up north , it puts you off going into a shop and asking for a sausage roll made with poof pastry.

Tilly.

Nov 14, 2008
I can rather impressively, fit 3 large Greggs sausage rolls in my mouth..........in one go. Can't manage 4. It's on youtube. It's my party piece, and every piece is ingested without leaving flakes of the delicious PUFF pastry everywhere.

But like other things in this life............they've gotta be hard.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ginger Pig Sausage Rolls Hmmmmm

1342666146_81c67b0162.jpg

compared to... Iceland Sausage Rolls?????

33.jpg

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
How big is that sausage roll?

Pretty f***ing big.

Here is one in full

206781744_e2496ad42a.jpg

Go there when you next in London. The Ginger Pig 8 -10 Moxon Street Marylebone Central London
The Ginger Pig - Borough Market South East London.
The Ginger Pig Butcher is also a great shop. No finer meats in Londinium!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
From the website The Ginger Pig > Welcome

Check out the site for recipies, butcher classes, etc. Really informative on how to cook meat and poultry well.

There is no great secret to what we do: we simply raise the best animals, in the happiest of circumstances, on the finest stretch of the Yorkshire Moors we could find. Only by ensuring that our pigs, cattle and sheep receive the highest level of care can we be sure our customers will receive the quality they have come to expect. It's not a philosophy or mission statement. It's just what we do.

I care too much about what I eat not to buy meat from The Ginger Pig. There are many great butchers in Britain but no single company which covers the whole process from the happy animal in the field, to the terrific cut of meat in my kitchen in the way they do. When I shop at The Ginger Pig I know I'm going to eat well.

JAY RAYNER The Observer

Last edited:

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Kennedy's Sausage Rolls

Gold Medal Winners of a wonderful SR may I say so.

I hope other locals in the Beckenham'Wickham area (BHA Express and Bromley Shrimp) will add to this testimony.

Sadly it was a family busines and they have now ceased tp trade

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Lincolnshire Sausage Rolls are the best.
There is a difference in taste between a sausage roll made in Lincolnshire and a sausage roll made to the Lincolnshire sausage recipe.

Mar 13, 2008
I am surprised that no one has come up with any penis jokes yet. (sorry if someone has)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here