Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturdays weather

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Ahhh, this brings it all back. I remember fretting over the weather forcast in the Withdean years. Looking at the BBC online forcast to see if any blue blobs were sitting over the south-east for Saturday 3pm. Checking the poncho was in the boot. Asking the missus to put a change of clothes on the radiator for when I get in. Reluctantly wearing a baseball cap just to keep the rain off my glasses.

Those were the days.

Didnt even need to look at the blue blob. If it was a !5% chance or more of rain then withdean would get it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm in WSU now so couldn't give a monkeys. Can someone explain to John Obi Mikel that I'm not being racist?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
5 rows from the back of the North so hopefully will be nice and dry.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Didnt even need to look at the blue blob. If it was a !5% chance or more of rain then withdean would get it.

Very true.

It was also about 15 degrees colder than the surrounding area, hence matches regularly being called off because of a frozen pitch, when people in Patcham were walking around in flipflops.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Horse plops.
Obviously ideally the weather would be coming in over the away fans.
I can accept the ground isn't true north, but it's not so far off south east is north.;
Because if it were I wouldn't have the sun in my eyes as it sets over the west stand!

Swirling?
How much swirling do you do in 20 mph winds!

Lol ..as in it won't just appear to com from one direction

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
BBC Weather : BN1

Proper proper nasty.

Which begs the question:-

How many rainy Saturdays have we had @ The Amex?

I can think of 1.
Plus 2 evening games, one of which only rained while queuing for the bus.

But nothing like the projection for this weekend, biblical rain and 20mph winds.

The rain for West Ham last season reached row N of North Stand. Only game where it was an issue other than the Sussex League Cup final, first ever game at the Amex, where it pissed down til half one and they never opened the doors and more or less the entire crowd had to take shelter in the club shop.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I actually ENJOY rainy days at the Amex. I wish there were more. Just so I can appreciate the lovely expansive roof covering the WSU, in comparison to the many days spent getting soaked at Withdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here