Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
MMmmmmmm, taking my 6 year old and for the first time my 4 year old ( big mistake I reckon with 4 YO ) and sitting close to pitch 3 rows back in East Stand. I'm hoping for an Easterly wind !!!!!! which will hopefully keep any rain off us otherwise could be a nightmare ( not for me though ) Will we be under cover enough that close to the pitch ???

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
MMmmmmmm, taking my 6 year old and for the first time my 4 year old ( big mistake I reckon with 4 YO ) and sitting close to pitch 3 rows back in East Stand. I'm hoping for an Easterly wind !!!!!! which will hopefully keep any rain off us otherwise could be a nightmare ( not for me though ) Will we be under cover enough that close to the pitch ???

No. You will get wet. To my shame I can't remember how many rows back I am:eek: but I think I'm about 19 or 20 and if the wind is strong then I get wet. A few times the row in front has been pretty wet but curiously we've managed to remain dry. The roof design of modern stadia is such that rain gets in for most of the front of a stand.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I'm north stand front row :( but am lucky to have not been pissed on yet this season (for the Ipswich game I was in WSU luckily!)

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
South East wind direction, so it should be the West that gets this one.

Oh no they won't! South easterly means it will be coming straight over the North Stand and into the faces of us in the East! Your forgetting the ground is angled/named all wrong, presumably!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Oh no they won't! South easterly means it will be coming straight over the North Stand and into the faces of us in the East! Your forgetting the ground is angled/named all wrong, presumably!

Lol ..wind is gonna swirl around ..anybody near the from if each stand is at risk from those little rain drops

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
You will all get wet after the game anyway while waiting fro your train/coach etc ( including me ). I may have to hang around for another pint or two after until the queue has gone :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Horse plops.
Obviously ideally the weather would be coming in over the away fans.
I can accept the ground isn't true north, but it's not so far off south east is north.;
Because if it were I wouldn't have the sun in my eyes as it sets over the west stand!

Lol ..wind is gonna swirl around ..anybody near the from if each stand is at risk from those little rain drops
Swirling?
How much swirling do you do in 20 mph winds!

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Well don't forget we had that "drought" for most of last season.

Can't remember any games where we couldn't stand outside The Swan to be honest.

Look like tomorrow might be different.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
didnt it rain against Palace? Remeber getting wet when walking back to the car?

It could've been a tsunami, I wouldn't have noticed when walking back into town after that game. I was numb.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ahhh, this brings it all back. I remember fretting over the weather forcast in the Withdean years. Looking at the BBC online forcast to see if any blue blobs were sitting over the south-east for Saturday 3pm. Checking the poncho was in the boot. Asking the missus to put a change of clothes on the radiator for when I get in. Reluctantly wearing a baseball cap just to keep the rain off my glasses.

Those were the days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here