Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturday - Not good enough

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I thought the performance overall on saturday was very poor. We couldnt string together more than two passes and got beaten in every area of the pitch by in what all accounts is a poor side.

The midfield was non discript, the defence looked shaky and the forwards finishing at the vital moments was again very poor.

It is a new set of players playing together, so that is something to defend I suppose, but overall this inconsistant rubbish that has plagued us from the first kick of the season isnt acceptable.

We deserved all we got on saturday, most other teams with any quality would have burried us long before the 94th minute.

Just my opinion, but with gates below 5k.........I would be more than happy to see a change of management in the summer.

A year and half in charge come the end of the season for wilkins.....and the same as last season...very inconsistant, low gates, not exciting football and no sign of change.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Fair play......

Respect to you for not abusing or slating a post that you dont agree with.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
i agree, and am concerned we'll get a sub 4k crowd this season if we keep playing rubbish football

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
I did not attend on Saturday, but have seen about 50% of matches this season. We are sometimes great, we are sometimes passable, we are sometimes poor and sometimes atrocious. I do not think it would be a good idea to sack Wilkins. I read in the Sports Argus that we are heading for a clearout in close season and I think that will do us the world of good. Of course, our recent form has been disappointing, but we have had 9 away games out of the last 14 matches (including cup ties), the balance is soon to be redressed and we need to regroup. It has been an unfortunate time for the team, during a busy period, with so many comings and goings. One minute we were looking like outside bets for the playoffs, then 9 days later the squad was descimated and we were down to bare bones.

If anything, perhaps Dean could do with an experienced head to assist him. Whilst I like Dean White and Chapman, I do not think that there is enough experience between the three of them and lets face it, the job is not an easy one.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Keep the faith, stick with Wilkins, it is a predominantly young side and with young players you get inconsistency. It's a shame we couldn't build some momentum from the cracking 3-0 victory over Crewe the previous week but now with a run of home games is the time to really ramp up some momentum.

Come on boys, you can do it!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Fair point made Monsieur, but is it me or has wilkins always had a little more protection than any other manager we have had recently. Yes he did used to play for us and no one can doubt the fantastic job he did for us as youth coachand his service to the club.

But players have come and gone for over a year now and we just are not improving. People talk of outside shots for the playoffs, we dont have a chance of a playoff place....and my confidence that would ever happen under Wilkins is just not there..

Wilkins is the man to consolidate and keep us in this division...get us up...I just cant ever see that....

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think the thing is to look at the turn around in personel over the transfer window period. Wilkins is being given the opportunity to build his own team and I think he should be judged more on next seasons performance.

If things don't take an up turn next year then the situation needs to be looked at. However we also have to remember we are an average sized club even for this league.

Just curious byf but why are your posts about the club so negative? Performance wise this year it's been hit and miss but you only seem to post about the misses.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Wilkins is ok at keeping the ship in calm waters but I can never see him being in charge of a promotion winning team , he does not have the motivation, team selection, tactics, subs and nous, guile or ability in the transfer market. He may well make a decent cup of tea at half time though, I do not know.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think the thing is to look at the turn around in personel over the transfer window period. Wilkins is being given the opportunity to build his own team and I think he should be judged more on next seasons performance.

If things don't take an up turn next year then the situation needs to be looked at. However we also have to remember we are an average sized club even for this league.

Just curious byf but why are your posts about the club so negative? Performance wise this year it's been hit and miss but you only seem to post about the misses.

Hang on Les after last seasons disaster all the Wilkins doubters were told to judge him this season, now its been a crap season, its judge him on next season is it, what if next season is crap, judge him on the season after that no doubt.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Hang on Les after last seasons disaster all the Wilkins doubters were told to judge him this season, now its been a crap season, its judge him on next season is it, what if next season is crap, judge him on the season after that no doubt.

Last seasons disaster? Did we get relegated last year? If so I seem to have forgotten.

Unc, look at the change in personel in the transfer window. If the squad was just how Wilkins wanted it would there have been such a big change around? No. He is putting together his own team and unlike with rich clubs they can do it in much less time we have to be patient as it takes longer for smaller teams to build a squad to compete.

Look at Everton, Moyes 2nd year was pretty awful but they gave him time and now they are flourising.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Most managers with his record last season would have been sacked last May, he was lucky to get a stab at this season and so far has proved that last season was not a fluke and he is simply not good enough as a manager.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

I dont feel that Wilkins ever was the man to take us forward and after over a year in charge, he just isnt taking the club forward.

People are voting with their feet Les........we looked a shambles against oldham and cheltenham recently...wilkins I still believe is learning yes...but learning what?

When is the right or wrong time to say...you are not the man to take us to the next level??

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I dont feel that Wilkins ever was the man to take us forward and after over a year in charge, he just isnt taking the club forward.

People are voting with their feet Les........we looked a shambles against oldham and cheltenham recently...wilkins I still believe is learning yes...but learning what?

When is the right or wrong time to say...you are not the man to take us to the next level??

How do you know he is not taking us forward? He has for the first time in his short managerial career just been given the opportunity to spend a relatively large amount of money. He has effectively been given a proper chance now so lets see how he gets on with that.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Lets be honest Unc and byf, you've both kind of been looking for a chance to slate Wilkins.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
That is spot on byf. I admire the loyalty of a large section of NSC to Wilkins something McGhee was never afforded but enough is enough or it should be. Wilkins will always have a job at BHAFC in some capacity but lets not feel too sorry for him. After all he is paid a decent wage to manage the 1st team he does not do it for the love of the club. Manager come and go, BHAFC will always be and I support BHAFC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here