Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

saturday 6th august

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Burn the church down. Or pray the Sunday 7th August thread is spot on!

Or just get someone to video the wedding.

D

Deleted User X18H

My sister has just booked the church for he wedding :down:

Your sisters a he?? Even more reason not to go. Tell her/him you'll see them at the reception about 7.30. Anyway the 7th will be the big day!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
The weird thing is, its at the very same church I had to go to a wedding on the day we played hereford in what was the most important games in our history.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
The weird thing is, its at the very same church I had to go to a wedding on the day we played hereford in what was the most important games in our history.

Maybe you'll be in the church for the day we make our Premiership bow....

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Buy a canoe and leave your clothes on the beach.

Sep 1, 2010
Flirt with her boyfriend until she gets so jealous she either bans you from the wedding or it causes such a bad row between them they end up going their separate ways

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Get the groom hammered and take a photo of him pulling a slag then show said photo to your sister, she'll then dump him, cancel the wedding and it's job done. As a side-effect your sister will be miserable for a little while but I think it's deserved for booking the wedding on such a ridiculous day.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
No brainer- tell her she'll be divorced within a year and that you'll go to her next wedding providing that she puts a little thought into her next ones date'

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Don't go - surely you told her you couldn't make that day and that day only? There are 50 odd other saturdays of the year to chose....give her a chinese burn until she relents.....

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
The girlfriend's best mate was getting married in Pembrokeshire, Wales, on the 8th May last year. Coincidentally, the day that Town (Grimsby) would either stay up in League Two or be relegated out of the football league for the first time in 100 years.

I tried to convince the missus all week that this was one of the most important days of my life, either for a f***ing brilliant celebration or to witness my club's darkest day, but she wasn't interested. The wedding had been planned for a year.

So, on the Friday night we set-off as planned for Pembrokeshire, a 230 mile journey from our house in Leeds. I still didn't know what the f*** I was going to do, but the more I thought about it the more I realised I couldn't bear to miss this day. I kept my mouth shut.

So at 6:00am the following morning, I got up, told the girlfriend I was off to get a paper because I couldn't sleep (even though the nearest shop was about 20 miles way), jumped in my car and f***ed off to Burton-on-Trent. Another 250 miles, about a third of which was on ropey A-roads.

Phone turned off.

As it played out, we got dicked 3-0, got relegated and our larger-than-usual chav element set about destroying the Pirelli Stadium and anyone with the nerve to remain in it. It was the longest, shittest day of my life, it took me 8 hours to get back to Pembrokeshire, not helped by the fact I was in such a daze after the game that I ended up driving about 50 miles past my turn-off and got as far as Watford Gap before I realised.

The girlfriend was naturally about as unhappy as she's ever been, in fact she nearly left me. Have you ever had your unread text messages reach triple-rigures? But I don't regret any of it. One day, hopefully when we're less shit than we've been for the last decade, I can look back and say 'I was there'.

The moral of this story is that despite what women may thing, football can be more important than a wedding. She can get married any time, you'll only see your club move to a new ground once in a lifetime. Ah, well, maybe not if you're a Brighton fan, but you see my point.

Ask her to move the date or tell her you're not going. It's a momentous day in your club's history - if I was in your shoes I wouldn't miss it for anyone or anything.

But then I'm a ****.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here