Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

saturday 6th august

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Don't go.

Mix milk with sprite in a pint glass and mix it reaaallllyyy well. Down it just before you meet her. Make sure you've text her a few times already saying your ill - try not to speak or your crap 'ill voice' will give it away. You will puke EVERYWHERE for a good 10-15 minutes, that should be enough for the old 'go on without me' spiel. When she's out the door, eat three slices of plain bread and pull on the stripes. You're going to Falmer my friend!

Steve in Oz

Jul 26, 2003
What time is said wedding

Not sure if I am getting the full Picture

What time is the wedding and where is it being held?

My Sis married a Scouser in Liverpool

My little Nephew is a mad Liverpool Fan ( I Know I will have to convert Him)

We went to the wedding in the Morning then my sister said it would be cool for us to go to Anfield to watch Arsenal V Liverpool

If your Sis gets married in the morning then just go to the game Later then Nip back for Later celebrations

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Or do what I did...Told all relations,friends years ago I will not be there for Weddings,Funerals,Birthdays during the time Albion are playing...expect me after the match maybe but not during...everybody knows this and we have this understanding and have no problems.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
The girlfriend's best mate was getting married in Pembrokeshire, Wales, on the 8th May last year. Coincidentally, the day that Town (Grimsby) would either stay up in League Two or be relegated out of the football league for the first time in 100 years.

I tried to convince the missus all week that this was one of the most important days of my life, either for a f***ing brilliant celebration or to witness my club's darkest day, but she wasn't interested. The wedding had been planned for a year.

So, on the Friday night we set-off as planned for Pembrokeshire, a 230 mile journey from our house in Leeds. I still didn't know what the f*** I was going to do, but the more I thought about it the more I realised I couldn't bear to miss this day. I kept my mouth shut.

So at 6:00am the following morning, I got up, told the girlfriend I was off to get a paper because I couldn't sleep (even though the nearest shop was about 20 miles way), jumped in my car and f***ed off to Burton-on-Trent. Another 250 miles, about a third of which was on ropey A-roads.

Phone turned off.

As it played out, we got dicked 3-0, got relegated and our larger-than-usual chav element set about destroying the Pirelli Stadium and anyone with the nerve to remain in it. It was the longest, shittest day of my life, it took me 8 hours to get back to Pembrokeshire, not helped by the fact I was in such a daze after the game that I ended up driving about 50 miles past my turn-off and got as far as Watford Gap before I realised.

The girlfriend was naturally about as unhappy as she's ever been, in fact she nearly left me. Have you ever had your unread text messages reach triple-rigures? But I don't regret any of it. One day, hopefully when we're less shit than we've been for the last decade, I can look back and say 'I was there'.

The moral of this story is that despite what women may thing, football can be more important than a wedding. She can get married any time, you'll only see your club move to a new ground once in a lifetime. Ah, well, maybe not if you're a Brighton fan, but you see my point.

Ask her to move the date or tell her you're not going. It's a momentous day in your club's history - if I was in your shoes I wouldn't miss it for anyone or anything.

But then I'm a ****.

:bowdown:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Don't go.

Mix milk with sprite in a pint glass and mix it reaaallllyyy well. Down it just before you meet her. Make sure you've text her a few times already saying your ill - try not to speak or your crap 'ill voice' will give it away. You will puke EVERYWHERE for a good 10-15 minutes, that should be enough for the old 'go on without me' spiel. When she's out the door, eat three slices of plain bread and pull on the stripes. You're going to Falmer my friend!

Or - pour chunkey pasta sauce down the sink, chew up some bread and spit it out down there, and bang. You've thrown up.

Lush

Mods' Pet
It IS the first game at Falmer. But there'll be hundreds and hundreds more. It's not like a play off match or crucial promotion/relegation match. Depends on your relationship with your sister but I'd be tempted to do the right thing and go to the wedding. But make sure you smell of burning martyr ALL DAY.

NCBHA

Jan 31, 2011
Just tell her you will be so miserable you will ruin her day, that way she will send you off to the match with her blessing knowing you will be happy and she will be happy

The weird thing is, its at the very same church I had to go to a wedding on the day we played hereford in what was the most important games in our history.

Had a wedding in plymouth the day of the hereford game,left mrs rev and two little revs at the hotel and drove to the game:clap: The couple have seperated now and just look at the albion!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
My sister has just booked the church for he wedding :down:

The Amex will only host its first ever league game once.

This comment is not really the thing to say but here goes..............

Your sister will probably have other weddings!:lol:

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
No football match would make me want to risk my relationship with my wife. I honestly don't understand how anyone can be that devoted to a football team. Does that make me a girl?

Yes .....lets face it .....missing the game is not a life or death situation ........its FAR more important than that:wrong:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here