Hercules Rockerfeller said:
Wembley

Notts County 3 - 1 Brighton

I still hate Tommy Johnston (sic)!

Eerrr it was a SUNDAY

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
We would have been the only team to ever get promoted with a minus goal difference.

Dougal said:
we were the better team as well
From the minute the game kicked off, it was obvious what the outcome would be.

These days, this fixture is generally labelled as "the most valuable prize in world sport" - Deloittes have just put a value of £60 million on the result of this season's event.

Can anyone recall what the value was reckoned to be back in 1991?

Last edited:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
2/6/1981 Mark Lawrenson leaves for £900K to Liverpool according to some Liverpool site. Can't remember the date myself

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
lost in london said:
I was eleven at the time and can remember us being played off the pitch.

No,We were the better team both Walker and Wilkins hit the post and their first goal from a corner should not of been a corner.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
ahhh....2nd June 1991, i remember it well, it was my 26th birthday, and i took the missus to her first ever match...at Wembley, she had no choice really because we were on our way back to Devon from somewhere.

I felt ill all through the match and when we got home i collapsed and split me head on the toilet....

next day i had chicken pox....nice!!

i can't believe that was 16 years ago...:ohmy:

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
kestrel said:
No,We were the better team both Walker and Wilkins hit the post and their first goal from a corner should not of been a corner.

Agreed. It was Chivers I think who played the ball off of the County player for what should have been a goal kick. Then again, I got the day of the game wrong so what do I know?!?!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I would have been 11 and can barely remember anything apart from that ginger haired arsewipe.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Lord Bracknell said:
From the minute the game kicked off, it was obvious what the outcome would be.

These days, this fixture is generally labelled as "the most valuable prize in world sport" - Deloittes have just put a value of £60 million on the result of this season's event.

Can anyone recall what the value was reckoned to be back in 1991?
I remember Brian Moore saying in the commentary that to get to the new Premier League could mean as much as a million pounds in extra revenue to the club.

Actually, it might not have been that game he said it, but it was around that time.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The Large One said:
I remember Brian Moore saying in the commentary that to get to the new Premier League could mean as much as a million pounds in extra revenue to the club.

Actually, it might not have been that game he said it, but it was around that time.

He said it at the 2nd leg against Millwall

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Hercules Rockerfeller said:
Agreed. It was Chivers I think who played the ball off of the County player for what should have been a goal kick. Then again, I got the day of the game wrong so what do I know?!?!

When our defenders complained, wasn't there some kind of comment from David Ellery long the lines of "If I hadn't given a corner it would have been a penalty" or something? My memory is not what it was, and I was completely shitfaced that day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here