surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
didnt wilkins forget he scored in the post match interview

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
The Large One said:
I remember Brian Moore saying in the commentary that to get to the new Premier League could mean as much as a million pounds in extra revenue to the club.

Actually, it might not have been that game he said it, but it was around that time.

But the Premiership didn't start until 92/93, we would have been in the 1st dvision in 91/92, before the big money started to come in.

No point wondering where we might have been "if only" cos there have been more than a few clubs who have been in the so called promised land of the premier league, but are now in dire straits.... and I don't mean the band.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Hercules Rockerfeller said:
You are correct sir. He was crying his eyes out and said something along the lines of "we played really well and lost 3-0..."

and he was the one who scored :jester:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Hercules Rockerfeller said:
But the Premiership didn't start until 92/93, we would have been in the 1st dvision in 91/92, before the big money started to come in.

No point wondering where we might have been "if only" cos there have been more than a few clubs who have been in the so called promised land of the premier league, but are now in dire straits.... and I don't mean the band.

Leeds :lolol:

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Aww, wish I'd gone, despite the fact I was 3 years old at the time. For people that went to this and Cardiff, which one was the better experience (result aside) atmosphere-wise? Did we outnumber the County fans at Wembley? How many Albion were there? Once I left Cardiff, I had a feeling I would never experience such a euphoric atmosphere ever again. But I was wrong, I went to Selhurst a year and a half later;)

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Simon Morgan said:
Aww, wish I'd gone, despite the fact I was 3 years old at the time. For people that went to this and Cardiff, which one was the better experience (result aside) atmosphere-wise? Did we outnumber the County fans at Wembley? How many Albion were there? Once I left Cardiff, I had a feeling I would never experience such a euphoric atmosphere ever again. But I was wrong, I went to Selhurst a year and a half later;)
we took just over 32k with county having about 27k

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Simon Morgan said:

All I remember about the amtosphere was the County's feckin song:

"I HAD A WHEELBARROW, BUT THE WHEEL FELL OFF. I HAD A WHEELBARROW, BUT THE WHEEL FELL OFF"

Repeat ad infinitum!!!!!!!!!!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
kestrel said:
No,We were the better team both Walker and Wilkins hit the post and their first goal from a corner should not of been a corner.

Not only that but Im sure I remember Regis goal came off his chest and Johnsons other was a bit of a fluke.

Tubes that day were excellant fun !
Not a patch on Cardiff occasion looking back.
Had we got up there I think it was prob a few years too early to really of made a difference to the direction of the club.

Great Season that was !! Great memorys !

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Dougal said:
Not only that but Im sure I remember Regis goal came off his chest and Johnsons other was a bit of a fluke.

Tubes that day were excellant fun !
Not a patch on Cardiff occasion looking back.
Had we got up there I think it was prob a few years too early to really of made a difference to the direction of the club.

Great Season that was !! Great memorys !

You're right about the Regis goal. He sort of almost ran into it and met it chest height.

I can't actually remember how we got to the game. I assume it was by tube.

Cardiff was in a different class though.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
ExmouthExile said:
ahhh....2nd June 1991, i remember it well, it was my 26th birthday
i can't believe that was 16 years ago...:ohmy:

It was also my 26th birthday :clap2:

Think it was probably one of my worst ever though. I realised very early on in the season that the play-off final was on my birthday so just 'knew' all season that we'd be there and get promoted. Everything was going so well...till County spoilt it. I won't forgive them for spoiling my birthday.

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
We hit the woodwork twice in the first half. Clive Walker, who had been shite for most of the season, had a great game that day. The kit we wore that day must be the worst in football history :nono:

D

Deleted User X18H

I shagged Heather Mason the night before a far more enjoyable experience

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here