Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sat next to

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
But "you'll never walk alone" must be the most tedious dirge in the premiershit.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I like the good old fashioned Albion Albion Albion (to the tune of we are Leeds) that seemed to get dropped from the singing especially at Cardiff 2004,replaced with AlbiYAWN.....that said The Albi...............................Yawn does the all important thing-generates Volume.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Grow up mate.He didn't just come down to the game as I said he was down on business and got a ticket from someone at the company he was visiting. It was me who asked him what he thought of the atmosphere. It was just his opinion and he was very pro Brighton.

That's nice of him. Did you still have your watch after your discussion?

Obviously your scouse mate has never been to Stamford Bridge if he thinks Brighton is lower league atmosphere. Now THATS embarrassing for all concerned.

Seriously, Brighton have always done the stand thing and the left side/right side thing. The one I miss is East East East Sussex, West, West, West Sussex. That used to sound great when everyone joined in.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
That's nice of him. Did you still have your watch after your discussion?

Obviously your scouse mate has never been to Stamford Bridge if he thinks Brighton is lower league atmosphere. Now THATS embarrassing for all concerned.

Seriously, Brighton have always done the stand thing and the left side/right side thing. The one I miss is East East East Sussex, West, West, West Sussex. That used to sound great when everyone joined in.

Scouse mate, what IQ have you got? Where in the thread did I mention a scouse mate.? I don't know him from Adam. You really have got a chip on your shoulder about something haven't you.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Scouse mate, what IQ have you got? Where in the thread did I mention a scouse mate.? I don't know him from Adam. You really have got a chip on your shoulder about something haven't you.

Not sure about my IQ but I am sure that I grew up in Liverpool and that I am not the one who polls opinion from randoms at the Amex and then posts their insights on here like anyone gives a shit.

Just saying like.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The stand song annoys me.
I actually agree with you. In fact we have quite a few chants which are crap or not enough people join in. If only a couple of hundred join in with a song then it's pretty much pointless in a stadium the size of the Amex. Prime example is "everywhere we go"

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Only just seen this thread and would like to add just how tinpot the stand song is, sing something to get behind the players, not some circle jerk about where we're sitting.

Feb 14, 2010
Have to love the scouser. The fact that they think "lower league" is an insult says everything about them. Lower league for me is a badge of honour, the fact that we had 3000 at places like Chesterfield or 800 at Rochdale on a Tuesday night in the lowest division is for me quality. As for the "Liverpool anthem" lets just call it what it os, a 1960's / 1970s pop song that was sung up and down the country, including Old Trafford. Not that special or unique then. Now compare that to BHA's "Good old Sussex by the sea",, a song that our forebears sung when going into battle during The Boer War, WW1 and WW2. Goes to show that scouser really doesn't have a clue about football culture.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Have to love the scouser. The fact that they think "lower league" is an insult says everything about them. Lower league for me is a badge of honour, the fact that we had 3000 at places like Chesterfield or 800 at Rochdale on a Tuesday night in the lowest division is for me quality. As for the "Liverpool anthem" lets just call it what it os, a 1960's / 1970s pop song that was sung up and down the country, including Old Trafford. Not that special or unique then. Now compare that to BHA's "Good old Sussex by the sea",, a song that our forebears sung when going into battle during The Boer War, WW1 and WW2. Goes to show that scouser really doesn't have a clue about football culture.
Read the thread again!!! Where does it say GOSBTS isn't any good What he was saying was that it wasn't sung with any passion, it never is, ask anybody.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good friends with an anfield reg myself. I really like their attitude to songs sung at the ground and the way their triditional support tries to maintain the integrity. The problem we have is only 5000-8000 fans know and understand the significance of GOSBTS. The rest like songs they have seen on TV sung by other teams.
I doubt that.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Good post

Feb 14, 2010
So the scouse complaint is that its not sung with over blown, made up, and very un English style "passion" just like the bloke with the microphone and half the Norweigen and Welsh crowd at Anfield? Well mate that is because we are Sussex and Sussex "wont be druv". Sussex ismore solid, more understated stobborn, and a steal like resolve as Mr Archer found out. You see, we prefer that to selling our soul to stereotypical rubbish as perpetuated by the Newcastle's and Liverpool's of this world. The fact that the press and the scousers don't understand that, makes it all the better.

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
Fair comment I think. The " Stands chant " is pretty brainless and moronic which is probably why so few people join in. Almost as pathetic as " Stand up if you hate Palace" Hardly a chant to stimulate the players !!
GOSBTS was the original song, I remember Norman Wisdom running out at The Goldstone to launch the song way back. At least it's a Sussex song and totally unique. Personally, I love You'll Never walk Alone. It makes the hairs stand out on the back of my neck, and one thing you have to hand to Liverpool is that when it's played everybody sings it. Until we get all of our supporters singing our song, maybe we should not be so critical of other supporters who do so much to get behind their team.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
So the scouse complaint is that its not sung with over blown, made up, and very un English style "passion" just like the bloke with the microphone and half the Norweigen and Welsh crowd at Anfield? Well mate that is because we are Sussex and Sussex "wont be druv". Sussex ismore solid, more understated stobborn, and a steal like resolve as Mr Archer found out. You see, we prefer that to selling our soul to stereotypical rubbish as perpetuated by the Newcastle's and Liverpool's of this world. The fact that the press and the scousers don't understand that, makes it all the better.

Just who are you addressing this to?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I like the good old fashioned Albion Albion Albion (to the tune of we are Leeds) that seemed to get dropped from the singing especially at Cardiff 2004,replaced with AlbiYAWN.....that said The Albi...............................Yawn does the all important thing-generates Volume.

This with knobs on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here