Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sat next to

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I wish people wouldn't boo if a stand does not join in with the song, especially when an Albion player is receiving the ball... Must be rather off-putting.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
I get annoyed that the songs are about the fans and not the club or the players. It's all so... 'look at me' and it's often a distraction from the game.

I've think that, even more so in the Amex. I remember it from the Goldstone days and it feels out of place now; like the LFC chap, lower league stuff.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I've think that, even more so in the Amex. I remember it from the Goldstone days and it feels out of place now; like the LFC chap, lower league stuff.

Yes, now we have some new money people need to pull their socks up and start acting like premiership fans....perhaps send them off to finishing schools in Liverpool.

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
Have to agree with some of this. Back in the day there used to be such a variation of songs/ chants. Even some for quite few different players. Seems to be the same ones again and again, and some always at the same time. Stand up if you hate Palace normally after a few mins after kick off

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
So this scouser comes down to the game and then sits telling you how Brighton are a bit two bob because we don't have a Fields of Anfield road" or "scouser tommy" style song?

I would have told him to stick it up his bin dipping arse.

Grow up mate.He didn't just come down to the game as I said he was down on business and got a ticket from someone at the company he was visiting. It was me who asked him what he thought of the atmosphere. It was just his opinion and he was very pro Brighton.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
But no support to the team and IMHO is pathetic as is The If you all hate Palace unless of course we are playing them..

Yes but it makes noise noise that at times is badly needed any noise in large volumes helps,otherwise it can go very flat at times and that does not help the team either.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
What a load of bollocks this thread is.

Do people honesty believe the players are listening to the words of every song thinking "ooooh that's not about us, I don't think I'll try as hard for the next 10 minutes"

It's about the volume and making the noise constant, nothing else.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Tbh, who cares what a Liverpool fan thinks? They have an anthem that is sung by the whole stadium before kick-off - but that's just Liverpool. Has he been to many other grounds? Not many other clubs do the same...

The stand chant is great for getting the atmosphere going all around the ground - it's the only song that's sung by all the stands. Fans of other clubs have commented that it's quite impressive, so again, who cares what one Liverpool fan thinks? Interesting that he considers it 'lower league' - the atmosphere at a lot of Championship grounds is better than that in a lot of Premier League grounds anyway. Anyone been to Chelsea? You can hear a pin drop.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
What a load of bollocks this thread is.

Do people honesty believe the players are listening to the words of every song thinking "ooooh that's not about us, I don't think I'll try as hard for the next 10 minutes"

It's about the volume and making the noise constant, nothing else.

This and that is what player rave about after a game-what an atmosphere they say,or what noise a constant barrage of noise-not............oh they sung my name

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I still love this - LOVE IT

Especially 1:45 on

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
the purpose of the crowd singing is 1) to inspire the team to play better and 2) to intimidate the opposition.

It would be interesting to hear a player's view of the Stand song compared to songs targeted at certain players. OGH used to say how the OGH song made him raise his game, as I'm sure the William Buckley song does for him. I'm sure it bothered McGleish when we got at him.

Personally I think the Stand song is almost as cringey as the Mexican Wave where fans have lost interest in what's going on on the pitch and would rather watch the crowd.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
stand song is on its way out , sung less and less these days. People forget that at withdean the south v north stand was sung more than any other and it died after about 2 years

Same is happening with the JCLs

D

Deleted member 18477

I have to admit GOSBTS is a great song BUT an absolute shambles when sung by our fans. Always sung way too quick with out of time hand clapping.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Straight and easy- split the pitch down the middle through the centre of each goal,if your sat on the East side then your "East side Brighton" sat on the West your the "west side Brighton"

Do away with the North & West and of occasion East and just go EAST OR WEST that would 100% raise serious volumes

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
The stand song annoys me.

Jcl?

This song used to get sung at the Goldstone only difference was the West Stand never sang back. The terrace behind the goal in the north would have to split (leaving a big gap in the middle) in half and sing leftside, right side instead.

All songs that are over sang get a bit boring like Aaaallllllbbbbbiiiioooonnnn but its better than sitting in silence.

I would like to see the north/west sing 'Gus poyets blue and white army' in turn as they do for the north stand and west stand boys song.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
The stand song is a laugh - the "stand up if you hate Palace" is the worst. I hate that we even acknowledge the existence of those pikey scumbags in our stadium.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Jcl?

This song used to get sung at the Goldstone only difference was the West Stand never sang back. The terrace behind the goal in the north would have to split (leaving a big gap in the middle) in half and sing leftside, right side instead.

All songs that are over sang get a bit boring like Aaaallllllbbbbbiiiioooonnnn but its better than sitting in silence.

I would like to see the north/west sing 'Gus poyets blue and white army' in turn as they do for the north stand and west stand boys song.

How long I've been a fan doesn't factor into it. It's an annoying song. (Though, if you feel the need for me to give you my background, no, not a JCL. Been going since aroun 87, been a match mascot, season ticket holder at the goldstone, withdean and the amex, went to gillingham a few times though not as often as I'd have liked). I don't have any recollection of it being sung at the goldstone (mostly was at the south end of the west stand).

I know it was sung at withdean, but a song doesn't stop being annoying just because it has been around a while.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here