Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sarmiento

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
As well as he has done pre season, I just cant find room for him in the squad.

We have so many to come back in still.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
I would personally have Sarmiento stay on as Mitoma's understudy. Sell Sima and ship Osman and ACD out on loan, leaving Adingra and Minteh to compete on the right.

The timing of Solly's recovery and return to form is the big unknown of course -- I'm wary of betting on it coming sooner rather than later lest we end up with too thin a squad. But if it happened before the January transfer window we would probably have a decision to make re our weakest wide player.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I would personally have Sarmiento stay on as Mitoma's understudy. Sell Sima and ship Osman and ACD out on loan, leaving Adingra and Minteh to compete on the right.

The timing of Solly's recovery and return to form is the big unknown of course -- I'm wary of betting on it coming sooner rather than later lest we end up with too thin a squad. But if it happened before the January transfer window we would probably have a decision to make re our weakest wide player.
I'd look at JS as competing for the more central attacking midfield space. He's up against Facu and Enciso for the spot. A very marginal selection. I have Enciso as our first pick

Solly will be back. But not for a while, and he'll be eased back in very gently.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
I'd look at JS as competing for the more central attacking midfield space. He's up against Facu and Enciso for the spot. A very marginal selection. I have Enciso as our first pick

Solly will be back. But not for a while, and he'll be eased back in very gently.
Ipswich only used him as a CAM the one time, and I thought they deployed him effectively if sparingly on the left wing -- but I appreciate he did occasionally play as a CAM for us and WBA. Didn't Fabi use him as a wide player in Japan?

Agree that Enciso is the first choice CAM.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
What I liked about the pre season games with JS was his first instinct in and around the box was to shoot.

And bugger me, some went in.

Obviously a new era under Hurtzler, but one thing we were woeful at in the second half of the season was exactly someone like that. Someone who would just leather the ball towards their goal and see what happens.: goes in, deflects, gets a rebound or miss, none are going to happen tippy tapping around in the back and midfield.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I like Sarmiento but I'd say he needs to work on his shooting. Too much is central and saveable, he needs to find the corners. I love his energy and ability to make things happen. The sort of sub that will effect the latter stages of a match.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I like Sarmiento but I'd say he needs to work on his shooting. Too much is central and saveable, he needs to find the corners. I love his energy and ability to make things happen. The sort of sub that will effect the latter stages of a match.
He found the corner in Japan of course. But yes he's a developing young player, so i'm not expecting 10+ goals from him. But I think he can contribute in that deep central striker position

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
yeah hes the sort of player that makes things happen and is ideal back up or someone to come on when chasing a game. Sort of player we needed last season. A loan this year would be stupid.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Good,far too good to be loaned out again, he's perfect for what looks likely to be a far more aggressive press from our forwards when the opposition are trying to play out from the back.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I like Sarmiento, though it feels as though his peak would probably be what's required to stay with us. Or rather, he is perfectly capable of being a mid table PL player, which is what we require at BHA, and Is still an incredible career for any aspiring footballer.

But he won't develop into the elite £100m superstar. Enciso and Buonanotte perhaps have higher ceilings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here