Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Santos Signs!

Sargey

Jan 27, 2006
Portslade
I'm a bit worried that Butters and Hinshelwood will be out for a lot longer than we think and thats why we've signed another centre back.

Why sign another experienced centre back if our own could be back soon, I reckon poor old Guy could have Dodds disease....

Really hope i'm wrong

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sneaky George, have you been taking hints from Yorkie on sense of humour bypasses and treating humour with dull deadpan sincerity?

Can we expect you to flounce off at some point in the next 3 weeks or something?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pavilionaire said:
The scary part for me is that we've already got Lowe but we've bought in another centre back, and a 1 year deal to boot. Does this mean Lynch is off?
Lowe is only a short term loan jobbie though isn't he.
I think Butters could really be on his last legs now, not sure how much of him we're going to see this season. Santos does bring experience to the table I suppose, which we DO need.

By most accounts Santos is well past his best and would always struggle at Championship level. But in this shitty league he just might be able to do a job. As long as he gets in the way of things and can head the ball, we can leave the flash stuff (like passing) to Joel.

He might be alright.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Butters is really f***ed then that's 2 ageing defenders crocked in a year, so why buy another 36 year-old defender?

Our last few purchases have been either defenders in their mid-thirties, non-league players or foreigners of which the club knew bugger all before they signed.

Have the days of us signing a name player gone altogether?

Pavilionaire said:
The scary part for me is that we've already got Lowe but we've bought in another centre back, and a 1 year deal to boot. Does this mean Lynch is off?

I would expect it means Lowe is off. When you come down to League 1 from a Premiership-chasing Championship club, you expect games, and we haven't been able to give him that because we've put our academy players ahead of him.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
not really sure why we have signed him. After all we now have Lynch, El Abd, Elphick, Santos, Hinch, Butters, Lowe

Still MM must rate him.

sorry that point has been made by other peopel....:down:

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pavilionaire said:
If Butters is really f***ed then that's 2 ageing defenders crocked in a year, so why buy another 36 year-old defender?

Our last few purchases have been either defenders in their mid-thirties, non-league players or foreigners of which the club knew bugger all before they signed.

Have the days of us signing a name player gone altogether?
Clearly, yes.
We all know we're financially f***ed. So its a case of bringing through the promising kids of our own, getting promising youngsters on loan, or signing players who are past their best, but could still 'do a job' for us at this level.
The days of us signing a proven, recognised player in his mid-twenties prime are, for the time being, a LONG way off.

Sargey said:
I'm a bit worried that Butters and Hinshelwood will be out for a lot longer than we think and thats why we've signed another centre back.

Why sign another experienced centre back if our own could be back soon, I reckon poor old Guy could have Dodds disease....

Really hope i'm wrong

Back injuries can be very complicated things - we saw that with Dodd last season. Hinsh is going to be out for a while yet in rehabilitation and getting match fitness back. Meanwhile, I hope people have noticed that the season has started and we need battle-hardened players - and beggars can't be choosers. Let's judge Santos on his performances.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Don't write Tank off just yet, he is back in training and what we don't want to do is rush him back a la Chippy last season.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Judging by that Sheffield United video he's a bit of a beast.

I reckon we've signed him for the Swansea match.

He can break Leons SPINE. :jester:

Oh and Racist McGhee signs another black player :dunce:

Oh Gary Hart!

Aug 13, 2006
Brentford wanted him,so that must mean something.Rosenior was on our wanted list before MM so that must mean something!!Having said this he wanted more wages,so hope we are not spending too much on him,but Jarrett has left so another no hoper off the books.We will wait and see.:albion:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'll reserve judgement, but my expectations aren't very high, so it would be hard for him to disappoint.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd normally agree with those that say don't judge a player until we've seen him. However, Santos IS 36 and has played at this level most of his career.

Therefore, we know exactly what we're getting - an old-fashioned clogger of a centre-back not good enough for the Championship but maybe able to do a job if he stays fit.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Dies Irae said:
not really sure why we have signed him. After all we now have Lynch, El Abd, Elphick, Santos, Hinch, Butters, Lowe

Still MM must rate him.

sorry that point has been made by other peopel....:down:

Take out the injured, Butters, and Hinsh.
Lowe is only here for 2 more weeks,
Elphick is completely untried
That leaves just Lynch and El-Abd .... oh and El-Abd is a doubt for Saturday.

I think it's fairly clear why we have signed a centre-half isn't?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I thought Lowe might have been brought in with a view to a permanent signing. Obviously he was just cover all along.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here