Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yep. Sandy is an impact player.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Nope. Barnes has been great lately, he was alright tonight as well but missed two great chances. He seemed too hyped up for it.

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
I think we have 4 very good strikers - which is a lovely problem for Gus to have!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Thought Barnes played well apart from the miss of the century.I would quite like to see this lineup though, just for shits and giggles:

Calderon-el Abd-Painter
Bennett-Dicker-Noone
Sandaza-Barnes-Murray-Wood

:lolol:

Have we ever played with four up front?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
That's my view . What you think
Could not agree more. Dread to think if Sandaza had been as lucky as Barnes and had the game time Barnes has had, how many goals he'd have scored.

I thought Barnes was very average tonight. Seems to do two or three bad things for every good one.(see I admit he does do some good things) Missed two sitters, because he bottled it... again. Shot was Gerr longball was poorish, but the one that went over the bar was a shocking miss. One eye on the on rushing keeper me thinks! Gus walking around the dugout after the second one summed it up really. Mind you, a great two yard pass to set up Murrays second. One to add to the stats.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Absolutely not. Sandaza is an excellent last 10 minutes impact player for when the game is stretched. I very much doubt he would be able to do as much damage over a full 90 minutes. Also Barnes has done a good job for us this season, I can't see why he should be dropped.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
:facepalm:I think just because one player doesn't score, and another does, doesn't mean they should be swapped. For example I don't think Sandaza should replace Ankergren. Nor, when Noone came off the bench and scored a couple of weeks ago, did I think he should replace Calderon. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I also think we have no such player as Sandazerrrrrr, or Barns.

But then that's just me. :shrug:

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Could not agree more. Dread to think if Sandaza had been as lucky as Barnes and had the game time Barnes has had, how many goals he'd have scored.

I thought Barnes was very average tonight. Seems to do two or three bad things for every good one.(see I admit he does do some good things) Missed two sitters, because he bottled it... again. Shot was Gerr longball was poorish, but the one that went over the bar was a shocking miss. One eye on the on rushing keeper me thinks! Gus walking around the dugout after the second one summed it up really. Mind you, a great two yard pass to set up Murrays second. One to add to the stats.

:yawn:

Change the record. You go awfully quiet when he has a good game.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom

We have scored 4 in each of the last 3 home games, playing with three up front which includes Barnes... and yet you still criticise him? Gus says that he is playing three up front BECAUSE OF ASH, he feels he cannot drop him as he is playing so well...

So - do we listen to the man whose team are 4 pts clear at the top of the table, or you Mr Burns?

Do you not see that Barnes game is NOT all about scoring? You don't score 4 goals a game with a passenger up front...

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Do you not see that Barnes game is NOT all about scoring? You don't score 4 goals a game with a passenger up front...
In all fairness, I think we did tonight. Should of had a couple more as well, but someone, no names mentioned missed a couple of sitters.

I thought it was all about scoring. After all 90% on heres main argument is he's second top scorer. I think if Sandaza had had Barnes game time, he'd be at least second top scorer. That is all.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Sandaza does not fit into our style of play. He's a six yard poacher, not someone who can link up play, hence him getting ten minutes here or there.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Do I? I think you've been looking in the wrong places mate.

And thusly you've fallen into my word-trap. You criticise him blindly whether he has a stormer or a shocker. No matter what he does, he's not good enough. Hypothetically if he was to score another 15 goals before the end of the season would you change your opinion? I don't have the answers, maybe he won't turn out to be good enough, in which case I'll hold my hands up and say, he scored a few goals for us in an important season, let him go, good luck to him. But then again, it not like he's 33 and should've learned by now, he's 21 with plenty of time to improve further, so maybe he will be a star for us. And if he did I just wonder whether you'd admit you were wrong or not? Because I'm happy to admit when I've misjudged a player, but you seem very blinkered as to what you see from Barnes.

FWIW I think you talk a lot of sense about a lot of things Albion, and the vast majority of the time I agree with you, but I think you're way wide of the mark on Barnes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here