Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sandazerrrr should start sat in place of barns

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe Sandaza might be brilliant if he started. But right now the team's working well, and he is doing tremendously well coning on as an impact sub. For pity's sake, let's roll with it!

Last edited:

Took his goal superbly and played a couple of great through balls. No point in changing a winning team with the 3 first choice strikers scoring. Sandaza deserves a contract for next season and it's not certain that Murray or Wood will be at the club after this one is over. Sandaza's scoring record for the club is good which Poyet will have noted.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
And thusly you've fallen into my word-trap. You criticise him blindly whether he has a stormer or a shocker. No matter what he does, he's not good enough. Hypothetically if he was to score another 15 goals before the end of the season would you change your opinion? I don't have the answers, maybe he won't turn out to be good enough, in which case I'll hold my hands up and say, he scored a few goals for us in an important season, let him go, good luck to him. But then again, it not like he's 33 and should've learned by now, he's 21 with plenty of time to improve further, so maybe he will be a star for us. And if he did I just wonder whether you'd admit you were wrong or not? Because I'm happy to admit when I've misjudged a player, but you seem very blinkered as to what you see from Barnes.

FWIW I think you talk a lot of sense about a lot of things Albion, and the vast majority of the time I agree with you, but I think you're way wide of the mark on Barnes.
Word trap? Again, you've been looking in the wrong places, as I have said many times, and I'll say it again for your benifit, that I'd be delighted to admit I am wrong about Barnes, absolutely bloody delighted too. Tonights the first game I have been able to attend for a couple of weeks, and I thought he was very average. It seemed most times he did something well, the next touch or pass was poor. He seems to do one good thing for every two or three bad ones. He's starting to get famous though. They are writting a new Mr Men book about him.. Mr Sitter.

And for what its worth I misjuged Bridcutt. Couldn't see what Gus saw in him, but in my opinion now, he along with Murray are the only two out of contact that must sign for next season. Not saying I wouldn't sign more than those two, but those two are IMO likely to be important players for us next season, and if someone said that about Bridcutt in October, I'd have thought them slightly mad.

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
YAWN. Barnes had a decent game, granted he missed 2 great chances BUT his link up play and work rate was second to none as usual, won the ball off their defenders several times. Just because he didn't score doesn't mean he didn't have a good game, Barnes to me is a vital part of how we play now, the way he drops off and links up play is superb.

Last edited:

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Thought Barnes played well apart from the miss of the century.I would quite like to see this lineup though, just for shits and giggles:

Calderon-el Abd-Painter
Bennett-Dicker-Noone
Sandaza-Barnes-Murray-Wood

:lolol:

Have we ever played with four up front?

I might have made this up but didn't we play four upfront when we beat Plymouth 2-0 under Mcghee?

Knight, Robinson, Jarrett, Carole all played very attacking.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Just to repeat brighton rock for the hard of reading.

9 other players in the starting line-up did not score.

Question: Do you put Sand in for them?

Answer: no. Because the manager asks them to different jobs because they are different players.

Now stop winding me up. Barnes has been superb for us this season.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I have said many times, and I'll say it again for your benifit, that I'd be delighted to admit I am wrong about Barnes, absolutely bloody delighted too.
Good, that's what I'd hope. I can't honestly say I've seen you say you'd be happy to be wrong about him, I apologise.
And for what its worth I misjuged Bridcutt. Couldn't see what Gus saw in him, but in my opinion now, he along with Murray are the only two out of contact that must sign for next season. Not saying I wouldn't sign more than those two, but those two are IMO likely to be important players for us next season, and if someone said that about Bridcutt in October, I'd have thought them slightly mad.
As I say I agree with you on a lot of things, and unlike many on NSC you're not afraid to defend your opinion in the proper way. I just think you go a bit over the top on Barnes. Like Hitman with Murray, or MANY people with El-Abd/Navarro, it sometimes seems like a lack of perspective, blinded (or at least fuelled) by a pre-formed opinion. I think you're entitled to your opinion - I didn't go tonight so can't comment on Barnes' performance other than the snatches of radio and NSC coverage I caught - but as a player I think him good enough for our squad at the moment, and worthy of a shot to prove himself further next year. Then its up to him.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't understand why everyone thinks this. How many games has Sandaza started for us? How can you say he's better of the bench, when hes only ever started a few games for us!

He has started one game for us, the replay v FC United and he scored our first, he played the whole 90mins of that game, too (the next longest time he has spent on the pitch for us was 45 minutes in the first meeting).

Sandaza's Nose

Jan 3, 2011
He has started one game for us, the replay v FC United and he scored our first, he played the whole 90mins of that game, too (the next longest time he has spent on the pitch for us was 45 minutes in the first meeting).

I'm pretty sure he started at home against Brentford too and was taken off after about an hour.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
I think it would be very harsh to drop Barnes. He's been fantastic for us at times.

I'm sure Fran will get his chance eventually - let's face it he can't have done anymore to prove his worth up to now. Took his goal with aplomb tonight.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Sandaza does not fit into our style of play. He's a six yard poacher, not someone who can link up play, hence him getting ten minutes here or there.

Nail on the head. It's good to see other people on here noticing and appriciating the role Barnes is playing for the team too. He was good, yet again, tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here