Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sandaza's Brighton Hell and not liking Poyet

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I reckon he'll be chomping at the bit for a lucrative move to Blackpool next season.

Pleasure beach, quid-50 a ride. :thumbsup:

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Sandaza just didn't suit our game - he was a trademark Goalhanger and his link-up play was poorer than that of M*****, Wood and Barnes, which is why he ended up fourth choice last season.

However, he did make three worthy last-minute contributions in my eyes last season:

1. His scrambly winner against Oldham that sent us to the top of the table
2. Winning the initial header and then doing enough to make the Carlisle defender make a weak clearance which Bridcutt smashed in on the volley
3. Pissing M***** royally against Plymouth by selfishly shooting and scoring when it was easier to lay it off to M***** for his hat-trick. :lol:

Credit where it's due.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He made comments like this when he left in June. This was Poyet's reaction on 1st June...

Poyet blasts back at Sandaza From The Argus)

Poyet said he understood Sandaza’s frustration but added: “I think if we had finished anywhere from second to 24th he had got a point.

" When you win the league, it doesn’t get better with him playing.”

THought he was a good impact sub but always looked off the pace as a starter.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think he should have played against Stoke, and Elliott Bennett dropped for that match. Sandanza's goals got us through.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
"I like coaches that speak with players and give them confidence in their ability."

odd comment. someone, i cant recall who but significant enough to be reported in a national newspaper, said that Gus was the sort of manager who built you up and complemented the smallest efforts.

fair play to Sandaza as he seems to have stuck at it and been professional while not getting the games he expected, but maybe he shouldnt talk down a manager who's done pretty well so far. he just makes himself look bitter.

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Failed to score today as St Johnstone lost 0-1 to Dunfermline :nono:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I remember a link on here to a Dundee United site when we signed him. I also distinctly remember them using words like "neat ", "skilful" and "great first touch".

The SPL really is utterly, utterly shit isn't it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here