Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sandaza's Brighton Hell and not liking Poyet

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How odd. Did anyone ever get the impression that Poyet and Sandaza didn't get on? It always seemed to me that he just wasn't good enough and was a bit unfortunate to not get more of a run in the side. :shrug:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ungrateful little git.

The stats for his scoring record compared to his time on the pitch would be pretty impressive, but there appears to be an almighty difference between how good he thinks he is (silky) and how good he actually is (there is a reason why he looks like a donkey).

In which case, Scotland is probably perfect for him.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
It's probably quite easy to slate your former manager when you've joined a new club, and this is probably sour grapes and covering his arse. If he said he had a good time at Brighton, the next question would be why didn't he play more there. Saying he had a poor relationship with GP papers over the fact he wasn't up to the mark...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Ungrateful little git.

The stats for his scoring record compared to his time on the pitch would be pretty impressive, but there appears to be an almighty difference between how good he thinks he is (silky) and how good he actually is (there is a reason why he looks like a donkey).

In which case, Scotland is probably perfect for him.

I feel the same. The trouble is we had strikers banging them in in a championship winning season. Seems very ungrateful to me.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
his goal against Oldham deep in stoppage time will live long as it put us top for the first time, apart from that, he would have faired better on the beaches of Scarborough and the Donkey Derby

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Ah, the old "fell out" ritual. Not getting a run out? Tell everybody you've had a run in with the manager. It's looks so much better on your CV than "didn't cut it".

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
There was something similar said soon after he left. He was just unfortunate that we had some top strikers in top form most of if not all season

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Footballer's always think they're the best. Seemed to me Gus did quite a bit for Sandaza but the fact was he was not as good as our other strikers, that's why he didn't play more. Blaming it on the manager rather than admitting that is probably easier though.

Most other players speak very highly of Poyet even if they haven't made it, Holroyd for example. There are others but I can't think of the speciifics right now.

Also Sandaza saying about how happy he is to get back to Scotland... after he left us he said he DIDN'T want to go back to Scotland. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here