Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sandaza

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Unfortunately we live in an age where all too often everything is considered disposable and, in particular, anything that's new has to be best. For some it seems that the new boy on the block is Agdestein and, with a few goals for the stiffs, until he gets to play Sandaza cannot be worth persisting with. Nothing to do with ability and when the lad does get his run out better hope he makes more of a fist of it than Holroyd for example.

He just ran around and either commited a foul or just did nothing. Someone behind me said " for the size of him he wins nothing in the air ". SO true. I hope Gus doesn't start him again this season.

Fortunately for BHA, Gus Poyet seems able to manage the team without your assistance. On the BBC website Poyet was full of praise for Sandaza and obviously rates him. Please don't take this the wrong way but Gus's opinions carry more weight on the matter, what with him knowing what he's talking about and you, not.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I actually thought he looked very good, linked up well and seems a decent player.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I didn't go today so I can't really judge, the times I've seen him he can be a real handful at times which is good, he hasn't really had much of a chance to prove himself.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
He just ran around and either commited a foul or just did nothing. Someone behind me said " for the size of him he wins nothing in the air ". SO true. I hope Gus doesn't start him again this season.

:facepalm:

You to tend to run around in football and give the odd foul away. He's a player that puts effort in to get the ball, he doesn't just laze around and waits for the ball to fall to him.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
am i the only one who thinks hes really nothing special? =/... he just seams lost and reminds me of Liam Dickinson

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I reckon if the man who has taken us to 13 points clear at the top of the table reckons Sandaza is good enough for the club, I shall feel compelled to go along with him. But it would seem that a lot of posters on here know better.

But Gus hasn't given him a new contract or even spoken to him about it. I'm pretty sure Gus hoped he would be a hit but expected him to be a player he would normally call off the bench. Don't think Gus ever saw him as a long term option.

Fortunately for BHA, Gus Poyet seems able to manage the team without your assistance.

Indeed. In Gus we trust. And it also seems that Fran will not be one of the few contracts coming upat the end of the season that Gus renews. I'll go with that.

Not slagging him off - seems to be effective coming off the bench when we are really pressing. But asking him to run a line up front? Can't see how he would ever replace Barnes or Murray as first choice.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
As usual, as the bloke didn't score a hat trick according the the NSC 'experts' he's no good, so predictable.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
he is a penalty box striker great to have as a sub.but will always struggle for 90 mins as like yesterday. missing ash already ?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I reckon if the man who has taken us to 13 points clear at the top of the table reckons Sandaza is good enough for the club, I shall feel compelled to go along with him. But it would seem that a lot of posters on here know better.

Fortunately for BHA, Gus Poyet seems able to manage the team without your assistance. On the BBC website Poyet was full of praise for Sandaza and obviously rates him. Please don't take this the wrong way but Gus's opinions carry more weight on the matter, what with him knowing what he's talking about and you, not. .

I've noticed that there are a few posts on other threads saying "Well, Gus wants him so you don't know what you are talking about."

Yes, it's true. He is a great manager and he does know more that all of us when it comes to football. FACT.

However, this is a footballing message board. If we can't have opinions on our club, we might as well all stop posting on NSC right now.

FWIW. Sandaza did get an assist for the winner but I don't think he's going to make the grade for where we want to go.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
People who say that he didn't know what he was supposed to be doing says more about their own understanding of football that it does for Sandaza's.

Well, since I was one of hose who said he sometimes seemed like he didn't know his role (when he didn't have the ball, more specifically when swindon had possession) , I will suggest that perhaps it wasn't so much that he didn't know what he was supposed to be doing, he was just unable to put it into practice as quickly as was necessary. When he was supposed to close someone down when the had the ball it looked like he wasn't sure f he was meant to and would look around before it dawned on him, if he was supposed to track back and defend the swindon player seemed to pass him he remembered that was part of his job.

I'm sure he paid attention in training, and in the pre-match talks. But on the pitch there were definitely times when he didn't seem too alert to what was happening in relation to what he was supposed to do. (Which is borne out by the frustration Gus showed at times on the touch line trying to instruct/remind him).

But like I also said, there was a lot of good in his game too. I find anyone writing him off, even as a starter, or those claiming he is the future of our starting line up (not that I remember may of those) to be jumping the gun a little. I would say he put in the sort of performance in relation to barnes/wood as Elphick put in in relation to El Abd. He did some good, he did some not so good, but he didn't mess up, and he I'm not worried about him stepping into the starting line up occasionally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here