Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sandaza facebook flounce

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Would anyone else like to post the "mane man" joke? We've only had it three times so far on this thread.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Can't blame the guy for having the professionalism to want to be in the team and not stuck on the bench but then that all counts for nothing as he clearly turned it into an issue for Poyet and the management. Gus always seems to back his players and big them up at every opportunity but I don't think he takes kindly to players making competition for places into a personal battle.

Yeh, Im thinking that maybe Sandy wanted to be made the mr big balls of the squad, and I know gus doesnt want any mr big balls in the squad, I can see him reacting quite negatively if Sandy seemed to be pushing of his own needs over what is best for club.

We have a team of professionals who have pretty much all said that they will relish fighting for places, and some of our best players have said whether they contribute 90 mins or 25 mins they want Gus to do what is best for the team. Im guessing Sandy had different attitude and it probably really pissed Gus off tbh.

Fair play to Gus I say, I think he is looking at the attitudes/personalities of the players he brings in, probably as much as their technical/physical qualities. Good stuff IMO.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The fact is, he scored a few useful goals, but he never really looked like he could actually cut it at that level, never mind higher. He looked incredibly slow, and with a terrible touch. He was the penalty box poacher Poyet talked about, but no more.

Perhaps in the MTL he was (and no doubt is) a certain starter, but that says more about their league than it does him.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Obviously we never know what goes on behind closed doors, but Gus always spoke quite well of him publicly and said that it was harsh on him not to get more games but it was because oour other strikers were playing so well (when actually Sandaza was just a bit crap). He allowed him to swan off to the middle east for a trial in the middle of a bust period of games for us and would have let him leave if he wanted but Sandaza chose to stay. So on the face of it seems he was treated quite respectfully by Poyet. :shrug:

Also, when he came here he talked about needing to get fully fit. In that interview where he first had a go at Gus he said the same thing at his new club. So either he has fitness problems, or he's always looking for excuses? Fitness, Gus was mean to him, etc?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
In fairness I reckon Poyet is a right moody prick most of the time, and a NIGHTMARE to work with, but even if he is, it works. So bothered??

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Not good enough for the Championship. No contract. Went for nothing.

A case of not flogging a dead horse.

Last edited:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Before you all carry on slagging him off, it's a fake Facebook page.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here