Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami Hyypia

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
ma6ebuny.jpg

SJH would be pronounced 'Sher'. Tim Sherwood back in the frame?

Old Hadlothian

@san_miguel73
Jul 24, 2007
Borough of Crows
The plate matches the vehicle: SJH8Y
MakeLAND ROVER
ModelRANGE ROVER SP HSE TDV8 A
ColourGREY
Body typeESTATE
Engine size3628 cc
Year2009

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Interesting, think that's Shay Givens motor, reports on sky in the last few days that he wants to resume his playing career if offered something away from his coaching role at villa, is that our goalie crisis eased a little?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Non-British managers that have got teams relegated?

Don't be silly. This argument about relegation is pointless as we all know that Bloom would never go down that route with relegation from the Championship so your argument is complete rubbish.

D

Deleted member 22389

Whoever it is, I just hope we drop the Spanish style of football.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I'm not precious about the nationality of our manager - how good he is at his job is far more important.

Ok in an ideal world he would be English purely because it would be a great opportunity for home grown talent to make their name at a progressive club. But that is only 'desirable', not an essential requirement.

I do not see a particularly outstanding candidate on the list suggested by the bookies. Yes there are some interesting names but equally there are question marks around many of them so IMHO Hyypia would be just as good as any, and probably better than many. He has an excellent playing pedigree at a top Prem club, and had a long international career (ok it was Finland). He is not completely raw from a management perspective, has valuable coaching experience at a decent club in the German league, also with experience of European competitions, and knows English footie. Therefore I would hope that he has enough of a reputation in football to make players want to join us and have the credibility to focus the minds of our playing squad so they give their utmost.

I guess it all comes down to whether Tony Bloom is happy to entrust his football club to Hyypia. If he's good enough for Tony then I'll get on the Sami bus.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
20 pages of Sami Hyypia and you just know it'll end up being Nathan Jones.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Don't be silly. This argument about relegation is pointless as we all know that Bloom would never go down that route with relegation from the Championship so your argument is complete rubbish.

As many others have mentioned, the vast majority of promoted teams were managed by Brits. As were the vast majority of mid-table teams. And come to think of it the relegated teams.

Does this mean it's essential to have a British manager to get promoted, relegated or finish mid-table?

Hyypia has great experience of the English game, plus top level managerial experience. It seems strange to write him off due to his nationality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here