Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Same old crap from Wilkins (argus)

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
elastic_cup_and_supporter%5B1%5D.jpg

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I'm going to do the seemingly unthinkable and say that WW is getting very hard time in this thread. One of my main gripes with any message board is when people attack other posters for presenting their opinions as fact. The point is, no one actually has to state when it's their opinion, because we're all sensible enough to work out that a lot of what people write isn't 100% provable. There's 2 alternatives, either we all write "in my opinion" after every single sentence which isn't a fact to avoid being accused of presenting it as fact, or we all agree to be sensible enough to work out for ourselves that something is the opinion of one person.

The first option would sound something like this:
"Brighton were crap against Southend, in my opinion. I think Steve Thomson was very anonymous and I think we lacked attacking threat. Glenn Murray looks like a lazy ass in my opinion, although I think we were unlucky to concede the first goal, given the fact that in my opinion two players mistakenly slipped. Unfortunately I think this puts us out of play off contention, but I think we will do better next season and I think if we can keep hold of our best players (in my opinion), we would mount a serious challenge.

Which I think you'll agree is pretty irritating. Or we could just assume that when someone says "Wilkins is a moron who should be sacked" it's their opinion.

Anyway sorry to make such a simple point into a lecture, it's just something which REALLY pisses me off. And as for Wilkins article, I guess any football manager will claim they have a chance of staying up/being champions/making play offs for as long as mathematically possible and Wilkins is no different. As for saying we play attacking football, I'm not so sure. I don't see why we should be expected to though, people forget that we won the Play Offs under McGhee by hoofing the ball upfield to Iwelumo. If we go to places like Forest and Leeds and hold a 0-0, and always have a chance of snatching a victory, I think that's a good approach.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
If you do a define search on "Supporter" in Google you get the following:

- patron: someone who supports or champions something
- garter: a band (usually elastic) worn around the leg to hold up a stocking (or around the arm to hold up a sleeve)
- In heraldry, supporters are figures usually placed on either side of the shield and depicted holding it up.
- a support for the genitals worn by men engaging in strenuous exercise

Which one do you think best applies in the case of WW?

Gotta laugh really!:D

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Wilkins We Wont Change Approach (from The Argus)</title>

Wilkins: We won't change approach
By Brian Owen

Dean Wilkins insists there need be no change of approach as Albion chase the 12 points they probably need to keep their play-off hopes alive.

The Seagulls' boss has targeted four wins out of four, starting at Luton on Saturday, but said: "We try to be attacking every single game. (At Forest, Leeds and Tuesday night? My arse)

"Sometimes it pans out well for us on the day, sometimes not so well, but we are confident enough to believe we can win every game."

Albion will have a better idea today as to whether Joel Lynch could recover from an injury to the top of his calf in time.

There is also a chance Adam El-Abd could feature in the final two fixtures as he makes good progress from the knee injury he suffered in the defeat at Huddersfield three weeks ago.

Wilkins said: "One of the good things about Adam is he has a high pain threshold. He has made good progress with the increased workload he has been getting."

Albion will check today on loan defender Matt Richards' chances of playing in any remaining fixtures as he recovers at his parent club Ipswich from a torn hamstring.

Guy Butters rushed back from a virus to help in a defensive crisis at Southend on Tuesday and could be needed again.

Wilkins said: "There was no hestitation from Guy in saying he was prepared to try and do the job. Credit to Guy for that."

We've won both games since then. So :bigwave:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
We've won both games since then. So :bigwave:

What has that got to do with my post, about playing 'attacking football' in our previous games, and about the "shitty diamond"?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here