Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Same old crap from Wilkins (argus)

twicer

Apr 13, 2007
i think he has a point we never look like we are going to score at the moment alot of presure at times with no real direction.
also how many times can u say in the forest game , leeds and southend did the goal kepper make save .... probaly not many

Presenting a point of view is one thing WW, but making absolute statements as if there are no possible alternatives, is shooting down your point's possibility of ever being discussed - and diverting all attention to your attitude.

In opinion board terms, it is basically 'anti-social'.
In real life terms - you would make someone a wonderful fishwife.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Looks like a relocation to Grimsby is on the cards then.:)
p.s. a fishwife needs to be able to shriek and look really hideous.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Presenting a point of view is one thing WW, but making absolute statements as if there are no possible alternatives, is shooting down your point's possibility of ever being discussed - and diverting all attention to your attitude.

In opinion board terms, it is basically 'anti-social'.

I agree - presenting an opinions as a fact is the biggest crime on NSC.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
It's Just Not Healthy Being As Young As WW And Yet Being That Miserable.

In All Seriousness, If You're That Consistently Grumpy That You Acknowledge It In your Own Signature, It Might Be Time To Take A Look At Why And Do Something About It.

If It's The Footie Then You've Got Problems. You Have Absolutely No Control Over The Way The Team Plays, The Results Or The Man Management. You Never Will. Also, It Is Only A Game. It's Not Real Life. You'll Become Just A Boring Superfan With No Other Interests If You Carry On Like That.

If It's Not The Footie Then Please Stop Using The Footie As A Mask For This Deeper Problem. It's Divisive And Stopped Being Banter Ages Ago.

There's A Very Good Place In Kemptown Called The Rock Clinic For People With Problems/ Depression/ Anger Management Issues. Give Them A Call. I'm Sure They'd Love To Hear From You.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In fairness to Wilkins he has got to say that as he would be slated big time if he threw in the towell. He must realise inwardly that the chances of making the play offs are virtually nil but he cannot express that view.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
said it before and say it again.

If the same approach is the Diamond then we won't win all 4 !

He needs to hold his hands up and get back to 4-4-2. If he really believes in this team then play a formation to allow them to try and put the other team away

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
said it before and say it again.

If the same approach is the Diamond then we won't win all 4 !

He needs to hold his hands up and get back to 4-4-2. If he really believes in this team then play a formation to allow them to try and put the other team away

4 of the goals in the PortVale and Southend games came from speedy breaks through the centre of our midfield/defence... is that an inherent weakness in the diamond? or personnel? would it be different with 4-4-2?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
4 of the goals in the PortVale and Southend games came from speedy breaks through the centre of our midfield/defence... is that an inherent weakness in the diamond? or personnel? would it be different with 4-4-2?

against port vale we were absolutely murdered out wide and had no wingers to push them back . Thomson is better as a CM and Racoon benefits nothing from playing defensive in front of the back 4.

Can't comment on southend as wasnt there but from all the reports as soon as we went 4-4-2 we did much better and as McGhee would of said , we drew the 2nd half 0 - 0

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008

No it isn't.

But talking from an attacking perspective, well, we don't! Southend were brilliant going forward so we were always going to conceed, however if we could attack, or even test the goalkeeper we might of been able to at least rescue a point in either of those games.

Mar 9, 2008
Wilkins We Wont Change Approach (from The Argus)</title>

Wilkins: We won't change approach
By Brian Owen

Dean Wilkins insists there need be no change of approach as Albion chase the 12 points they probably need to keep their play-off hopes alive.

The Seagulls' boss has targeted four wins out of four, starting at Luton on Saturday, but said: "We try to be attacking every single game. (At Forest, Leeds and Tuesday night? My arse)

"Sometimes it pans out well for us on the day, sometimes not so well, but we are confident enough to believe we can win every game."

Albion will have a better idea today as to whether Joel Lynch could recover from an injury to the top of his calf in time.

There is also a chance Adam El-Abd could feature in the final two fixtures as he makes good progress from the knee injury he suffered in the defeat at Huddersfield three weeks ago.

Wilkins said: "One of the good things about Adam is he has a high pain threshold. He has made good progress with the increased workload he has been getting."

Albion will check today on loan defender Matt Richards' chances of playing in any remaining fixtures as he recovers at his parent club Ipswich from a torn hamstring.

Guy Butters rushed back from a virus to help in a defensive crisis at Southend on Tuesday and could be needed again.

Wilkins said: "There was no hestitation from Guy in saying he was prepared to try and do the job. Credit to Guy for that."

:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

A while ago you posted that were going to stay away from Withdean. Why not go one beter and find another club to support? (or should I say NOT support!)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It's Just Not Healthy Being As Young As WW And Yet Being That Miserable.

In All Seriousness, If You're That Consistently Grumpy That You Acknowledge It In your Own Signature, It Might Be Time To Take A Look At Why And Do Something About It.

If It's The Footie Then You've Got Problems. You Have Absolutely No Control Over The Way The Team Plays, The Results Or The Man Management. You Never Will. Also, It Is Only A Game. It's Not Real Life. You'll Become Just A Boring Superfan With No Other Interests If You Carry On Like That.

If It's Not The Footie Then Please Stop Using The Footie As A Mask For This Deeper Problem. It's Divisive And Stopped Being Banter Ages Ago.

There's A Very Good Place In Kemptown Called The Rock Clinic For People With Problems/ Depression/ Anger Management Issues. Give Them A Call. I'm Sure They'd Love To Hear From You.

Don't worry, i'm not suicidal - it's only this message board that makes me seem that way!! I'm a quite happy individual, thank you very much!

:lolol: You're a class act, I'll give you that.

:clap2::clap2:

A while ago you posted that were going to stay away from Withdean. Why not go one beter and find another club to support? (or should I say NOT support!)

If all the moaners stayed away from Withdean we'd have gates of 800 every week....

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
Don't worry, i'm not suicidal - it's only this message board that makes me seem that way!! I'm a quite happy individual, thank you very much!

:clap2::clap2:

If all the moaners stayed away from Withdean we'd have gates of 800 every week....

You really need to have a think about the whole word "supporter" and what it means because I'm not quite sure what you think your doing at the moment, you seem to have a problem with everyone and everything right now.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
You really need to have a think about the whole word "supporter" and what it means

somebody who goes to virtually every home game and the majority of the away games, incluing huddersfield, doncaster, northampton and southend in the league on tuesday nights, and not forgetting the not-to-be-missed clashes in cup competitions against cardiff and bristol city?

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
somebody who goes to virtually every home game and the majority of the away games, incluing huddersfield, doncaster, northampton and southend in the league on tuesday nights, and not forgetting the not-to-be-missed clashes in cup competitions against cardiff and bristol city?

Big f***ing Deal. Brightonbear's comments went over your head too. Plenty Of Fans Go To More Games Than Him And Don't Moan. Are They More Right Than Him? Is THere A Sliding Scale Or Something? Do People Who Want To Go But Can't Afford It Have No Right To Views?

It Does Not Give WW The Right To Peddle His Nasty And Cancerous Views Per Se. I Think That If Someone Is That Dedicated To Doing Something Which Clearly Causes Them That Much Bile Then There Is A Fundamental Problem With WW.

Just Like His And Your Bum Chum, Complete Badger, His Nasty Little Digs and Whining Have Reached A Point Of Absurdity. WW Is More Of A Joke Figure Than Me, For f***'s Sake. Outside His Little Clique Any Respect For Him Is Dwindling With Every Nasty, Insidious Attack On DW, The Team, Fans Who Are Happy With The Progress Being Made.....

Time For WW To Take A Look At Himself And Ask - Should I Get A New Club To Support. The Current One Is Quite Obviously Not Working And As I Pointed Out Before It's Not Healthy For A Young Man To Be That Bitter.

www.samaritans.org

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
You really need to have a think about the whole word "supporter" and what it means because I'm not quite sure what you think your doing at the moment, you seem to have a problem with everyone and everything right now.

If you do a define search on "Supporter" in Google you get the following:

- patron: someone who supports or champions something
- garter: a band (usually elastic) worn around the leg to hold up a stocking (or around the arm to hold up a sleeve)
- In heraldry, supporters are figures usually placed on either side of the shield and depicted holding it up.
- a support for the genitals worn by men engaging in strenuous exercise

Which one do you think best applies in the case of WW?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
- garter: a band (usually elastic) worn around the leg to hold up a stocking (or around the arm to hold up a sleeve)
- a support for the genitals worn by men engaging in strenuous exercise

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here