Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Same old crap from Wilkins (argus)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Wilkins We Wont Change Approach (from The Argus)</title>

Wilkins: We won't change approach
By Brian Owen

Dean Wilkins insists there need be no change of approach as Albion chase the 12 points they probably need to keep their play-off hopes alive.

The Seagulls' boss has targeted four wins out of four, starting at Luton on Saturday, but said: "We try to be attacking every single game. (At Forest, Leeds and Tuesday night? My arse)

"Sometimes it pans out well for us on the day, sometimes not so well, but we are confident enough to believe we can win every game."

Albion will have a better idea today as to whether Joel Lynch could recover from an injury to the top of his calf in time.

There is also a chance Adam El-Abd could feature in the final two fixtures as he makes good progress from the knee injury he suffered in the defeat at Huddersfield three weeks ago.

Wilkins said: "One of the good things about Adam is he has a high pain threshold. He has made good progress with the increased workload he has been getting."

Albion will check today on loan defender Matt Richards' chances of playing in any remaining fixtures as he recovers at his parent club Ipswich from a torn hamstring.

Guy Butters rushed back from a virus to help in a defensive crisis at Southend on Tuesday and could be needed again.

Wilkins said: "There was no hestitation from Guy in saying he was prepared to try and do the job. Credit to Guy for that."

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
... being the most pertinent phrase above.

Do you EVER have anything to say at all, instead of bleating that same, f***ing tedious line with every post?

At least i try and make a valid point, even if you disagree with it. Wilkins won't change the approach when our away record is ABYSTMAL? Pathetic

:tosser:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Do you EVER have anything to say at all, instead of bleating that same, f***ing tedious line with every post?

At least i try and make a valid point, even if you disagree with it. Wilkins won't change the approach when our away record is ABYSTMAL? Pathetic

As I've said before - it's not what you say it's the manner in which you post it.

It's abusive and immature.

SAME OLD CRAP FROM WILKINS, then simply cutting and pasting a story from the Argus is hardly an intelligent deconstruction is it ?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003

We only won 5 away games all year in 2003/04 when we went up under McGhee, so it isn't THAT abysmal.

(Ironically only three of those wins were under McGhee, we'd already won at Oldham and Rushden before he took charge!)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
As I've said before - it's not what you say it's the manner in which you post it.

It's abusive and immature.

SAME OLD CRAP FROM WILKINS, then simply cutting and pasting a story from the Argus is hardly an intelligent deconstruction is it ?

It doesn't matter how i post it - if i say Wilkins is a fool then i'll get the same old bandwagon jumpers like you on my back for 'moaning' or 'whining' too much.

THAT'S pathetic. Try and express your opinion instead of targeting the poster every bloody time.

Oh, and if you'd read my post, my point was there in amongst the article.

Do we really try and attack every game? I don't think so.

And I'd have thought the other point was evident anyway. To not change the shitty Diamond that fails us away from home virtually every game is ludicrous!

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I think you love it when we lose WW.

You seem to relish taking the piss out of the team and Wilkins at any given opportunity.

How about getting behind the club you support rather than basking in every single defeat, with petty minded comments!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Is WW trying to be the new Ernest? If so you're not doing a very good job, at least some of his are funny.
As for you're opinion, it seems to be 'Lets slag off Wilkins at any given opportunity'. That's why it's getting boring.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
We only won 5 away games all year in 2003/04 when we went up under McGhee, so it isn't THAT abysmal.

(Ironically only three of those wins were under McGhee, we'd already won at Oldham and Rushden before he took charge!)

Yes, but McGhee knew how to win at home.

We often look like the away team at Withdean under Wilkins.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
he does have a point though - we havent really looked attacking in the last two away games i have seen. at southend we didnt force there keeper into one meaningful save, and at forest it was pretty obvious we were going for a point as opposed to all three - although credit where it is due, it did work that day. it was just unfortunate that we put all our eggs into one basket by going for points against them and leeds, and seemingly banking on three against port vale

Is it not just possible that maybe other teams sometimes are simply good at containing us? I don't believe for one second that Wilkins has EVER said to the team that we're going for a point. I really don't think he is that naive. How many times have we seen teams sit back and try to defend a lead, or a first leg advantage in cup comps, and manage to concede because they weren't offensive enough!

Our away record isn't brilliant, but it certainly isn't that bad. Played 21 Won 5 Drawn 6 Lost 10. Yes we have lost away at Gillingham (where we were by far the better team), Crewe (where we never get anything) and Yeovil (who were up there at the time) but I think it's to our credit that we've got draws at Forest, Leeds, Donny and Swansea without conceding a goal, as well as at Orient and Oldham. All teams that were or are challenging for promotion. How bad is that!?

All the time we have hopes, albeit faint ones, of reaching the playoffs why should Wilkins abandon the ways that have got us to this position? Why make changes now to the team and risk the players not being able to cope? If we get beat on Saturday, which to be honest I expect as Luton is another place we never do well at, then yes it would be an idea to give some of the fringe players a run and maybe try to incorporate new things. On Saturday I expect to see similar things that have served us pretty well so far this season.

I also expect you to bitch and moan about everything. I know you won't let me down.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Under the old points system , 2 for a win 1 for a draw our away results were nearly always terrible. The strategy in those days was to get a point midweek at an away game and then win on a Saturday at home. On the odd occasion we won a match on a Wednesday it was certain the team would be knackered and we would struggle on the Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here