Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Vokes

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
We haven't spent any money yet and the budget is roughly the same as last season so gus says,i know Bruno and bridge and kooshy must be on a fair wad though.Really should be looking to trim the squad down ???

Apart from Navarro, who I would have thought would have been a relatve low earner, no one has left, so if the budget is similar to last year, I doubt there is a huge amount left after signing Kushak, Bruno, Bridge and retaining Vicente.

I would imagine Gus would like to hold some money back incase a special player (as with Vicente, Rasak and Assulin last year) became available at a later date.

If we do have to spend £2m ( and say £10k a week wages) to get the midfielder he wants, £250k might be about right for a target man.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I would be whelmed if we signed him.

It wouldn't be terrible but I'd assume it would mean we had failed in every other avenue of getting a striker and just wanted someone a bit different to what we have.
I don't know how much potential he has really... unless he's got the potential to not have the pace of a snail I can't see him ever being much more than middling at this level.

I think we probably aren't in for him though, Naylor hasn't had an inside track on anything for years. "I wouldn't be surprised" = I don't know but I'm hedging my bets.

It's a little strange to think how now a fee of £200000 to £500000 seems like a nothing signing, over most of the last twenty years we'd have been going mental if we signed someone for that much.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
With CMS, Barnes & Hoskins on the books he would surely be 4th choice, and I don't see the need to spend any money on someone that far down the list.

I hope this doesn't mean that Hoskins is on the way out.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Let's face it he would be a great signing. He had a better goal scoring record than CMS with us last year. CMS got 9 in 44 and Vokes got 3 in 14 (=9 in 42). I think if we got him permanently he would be great. He could forget about trying to impress his parent club and just concentrate on us.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Id like to see us sign Vokes, 4 strikers all on a very good level, hopefully with competition in the squad 2 of the 4 would start to shine.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Let's face it he would be a great signing. He had a better goal scoring record than CMS with us last year. CMS got 9 in 44 and Vokes got 3 in 14 (=9 in 42). I think if we got him permanently he would be great. He could forget about trying to impress his parent club and just concentrate on us.
You have an interesting definition of the word great.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
After Naylors original tweet suggesting Vokes, he later retweeted saying forget it, he is signing for someone else

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Underwhelming if true.

This post got me thinking we use 'underwhelmed' and 'overwhelmed' but you never hear plain 'whelmed'. Apparently 'to whelm' means 'to engulf, submerge or bury.' Thought I'd share.

I use whelmed quite often to denote a 'meh' type state, halfway between the top and bottom of the whelm scale.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Would you say CMS was a great signing?
um, he was a great signing to make at the time as we all thought he was good and we beat bigger and richer teams to get him. He was by no means great last season.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
um, he was a great signing to make at the time as we all thought he was good and we beat bigger and richer teams to get him. He was by no means great last season.

Because he needed to fit in to the team. Vokes had a similar/better goal scoring record than CMS and in my opinion CMS would work well alongside Vokes. Likewise with Vokes and Hoskins. People wouldn't regard it as a "big" signing but I reckon he would do well.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Andy Naylor ‏[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus
The anti-Vokes brigade will be relieved. Just received confirmation he is not Brighton-bound. #bhafc

With CMS, Barnes & Hoskins on the books he would surely be 4th choice, and I don't see the need to spend any money on someone that far down the list.

I hope this doesn't mean that Hoskins is on the way out.

From what Poyet is reported to has said, Hoskins seems to be back in the good books again. There's never been a problem with him he wanted to go out on loan. As things stand if another striker is recruited CMS will be the one to go.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Offers no more than Will Hoskins. Maybe even a bit less.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here