Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Vokes

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm sure Gus can do better, so I am actually pleased he hasn't ended up here.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
If he is worth £500k how much is Barnes worth ???
A lot more than that.people seem to forget how young he is.he will become one of our best players under Gus, he's got a lot more talent than he's been given credit for.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
A lot more than that.people seem to forget how young he is.he will become one of our best players under Gus, he's got a lot more talent than he's been given credit for.

Agreed. He has good game after good game, and very few of us praise him. He has one off day, and people cannot wait to jump on here to slag the poor lad off.

I would have liked us to have signed Vokes. I think he showed a lot of potential, and could certainly hold the ball up well. Our problem was the lack of support for him from midfield, as they were too scared to push forward to support him when we were in possession because of the frailty of our defense.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agreed. He has good game after good game, and very few of us praise him. He has one off day, and people cannot wait to jump on here to slag the poor lad off.

I would have liked us to have signed Vokes. I think he showed a lot of potential, and could certainly hold the ball up well. Our problem was the lack of support for him from midfield, as they were too scared to push forward to support him when we were in possession because of the frailty of our defense.

He could hold the ball up but had no pace which I think you need in this division, or at least have quick feet if not. He didn't have those either.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
For £500k I think I'd have liked us to sign Vokes really, unless Gus is confident with the budget we have 'the' right player is out there. I didn't think he was that bad at all really.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well, he fit the profile of what Gus is after in terms of type of striker (with presence)... here's hoping Gus lands a better player soon...

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
£500,000 on Sam Vokes !!!!!
Sorry Sam but considering what i saw of you last season not worth more than £100,000 IF THAT !!!!

Burnley good luck with that one fellas !!!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
£500,000 does sound a lot for Vokes at this time in his career. But when you consider Burnley themselves have just sold Jay Rodriguez for £7 million then the Championship striker market is seriously distorted.

Plus that money must have been starting to burn a hole in their pockets, they were probably getting a bit desperate for a striker replacement and he had played for them before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here